Jacksonville Question
Create Post
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Jacksonville Question

I'm PCSing to Jacksonville and had a question. can you wear flip flops, like abercrombie type, not shower shoes? Someone said something about no open toed shoes or something utterly retarded sounding. Also, something about all shirts have to be tucked in except for polo shirts? No one I know has been there for any length of time other then MCT. Is there any truth to this or is this a myth?

I'm pretty sure you have to wear close toed shoes, i never went out with out them but i sure saw Marines wearing flip flops. As for the shirts, when i was a CPL on duty i always told Marines to turn around and put on proper clothing or to use the back hatch...hehe... I'm almost sure there are MCO out there that say whats up with flip flops and polo type shirts. Never got yelled at for not wearing a polo type shirt on base, but be carfull at the local Wal-Mart some you will get chewed out in front of everyone if your not sat.

yeah that attire is only acceptable at kaneohe bay hawaii... no ****. shoes and tucked in shirts unless they have the slits ont he sides.

I looked around and couldnt find a MCO nor a base order...

retarded? It is a Marine Corps order don't like it don't re-enlist they teach you this in boot camp were you sleeping that day or what. It's dress code, you signed up for it pretty boy suck it up

I am currently stationed on MCAS NEW RIVER in Jacksonville, the whole flip flop idea, I would not advise it, Open toed shoes may only be worn if they have a backing to them i.e. Sandals. Your shirt is supposed to be tucked in but no one says anything if it is not, although you must wear a belt at all times(any time you have belt loops of course). Remember Airwing is always more laxed than Ground, so If you can't wear them on the wing side imagine how close to the order you need to be on groundside.....Hope I was a help.

MCO 1020.34G Chapter 1, paragraph 1005(4)(c). Even though it speaks about these uniforms aboard ship you should apply it to being in town. Remember you are a direct representation of the entire Marine Corps.

Most of the PX on base require you to be appropriately dressed. This essentially means a similar to the Service 'C' uniform.

Quote Originally Posted by st0rm
    retarded? It is a Marine Corps order don't like it don't re-enlist they teach you this in boot camp were you sleeping that day or what. It's dress code, you signed up for it pretty boy suck it up
    Very constructive response, bravo devil!

A yes or no response would have been sufficient, the bases I’ve been to, Hawaii, Quantico>Camp Pen there wasn’t a problem with an untucked t-shirt or nice flops. I haven’t been to NC yet so I wasn’t sure.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Try to get out the gate at camp Hansen with flip flops, no belt, and your shirt tails swinging in the breeze
    You'll never get past the quaterdeck on ship dressed like that. It's unsat.

Marines are professional fighting men and should dress professionally at all times.

im at camp lejeune, honestly you can wear flip flops and your shirt untucked no one will really bother you unless you try to go into the px/commisary etc...if your going to mct or another entry level school i highly recommend your wear proper civialian attire.

Everyone here that is telling you that it is not allowed is full of $hit. There are no Marine Corps orders that say you cannot wear sandals. What constitutes a sandal and a flip flop are in the eye of the beholder. If they are illegal to wear, go into the PX and tell them to stop selling them.

Ghost orders make the Corps go round. Blah.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Petzold
    yeah that attire is only acceptable at kaneohe bay hawaii... no ****. shoes and tucked in shirts unless they have the slits ont he sides.

Yes sir!!! I spent 9 months in J-Ville, lets just say...there are more desirable duty stations.

You'd think I had done something like not salute during colors or wore my cover sideways by the reaction I got wearing flip flops over there.

Then I got sent to K-Bay and lt col's will come to work in flip flops before they change into cammies.

Come On Devil Dog,its The Corps.You Know What Are Dress Code Is.I Wouldn't Try To Stick Out.I Would Avoid Flip Flops And Untucked Shirts.It Is Common Sense.

dress code is a *****.... there are orders out there, they are base orders, command orders and platoon orders... and they usually get verbally passed on... if your command says no sandals/flip-flops then guess what?! don't get caught wearing those things.

Quote Originally Posted by SSgtOfMarines
    Everyone here that is telling you that it is not allowed is full of $hit. There are no Marine Corps orders that say you cannot wear sandals. What constitutes a sandal and a flip flop are in the eye of the beholder. If they are illegal to wear, go into the PX and tell them to stop selling them.

Ghost orders make the Corps go round. Blah.

It's been a few years since I've been in the Corps.
    When I was in we didn't wear sandles/flops on liberty,even if it was permited.Why?,if you get into some brotherly hand to hand,toes get broken and then your face.
    As far as the shirt goes,dress like a man,dress like a Marine.

Thread Information