Son heading to PI
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Son heading to PI

My son left today heading for PI miss him terribly already but he will be a Marine when he returns. oohrah!

Quote Originally Posted by melodyr317 View Post
    My son left today heading for PI miss him terribly already but he will be a Marine when he returns. oohrah!

CONGRATS MA'AM...DON'T WORRY...HE'S IN VERY GOOD HANDS...

Don't you worry Miss Melody,your son will be well taken care of,he'll be our brother soon......

Thanks you guys I will be needing alot of support the next three months if yal dont mind? Melody

Marine Free Member darkgreen0311's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    We don't mind. I'm quite sure our mothers all needed support too. I know mine did.

Semper Fi 4 Life
    Yours is not to question why but to do or die!!!

Melody, My son deployed to PI on May 12. He is set to graduate 8-8-08. While it is very tough to watch them leave just wait until you start receiving mail from him. You will feel a feeling of proud you never new existed. It is tougher on the parents then it is on the recruits. The recruits are kept so busy that the time flies for them. Send him lots of mail after you receive your first letter. Congratulations on raising a fine young man. God Bless and hang in there. Dave

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Yea, Lady.... I'm shipping my son in Oct, and I know what he faces..... It ain't never easy.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Congratulations Ma'am, I know you are now and will be worried about him, but he is in good hands. They will take good care of him and you will see the pride bursting out of each letter you get from him. He'll have his bad days, but remember to send him only GOOD news, news that you know he would like to know about. Mostly send him lots of mail...lots of mail! Those guys live from chow to chow, sunday to sunday, and mail call to mail call! They lover getting mail, trust me, from anyone!

Anytime you feel the need or desire to vent, please come see us, we are all fairly grown up Marines here and we all understand!

Dave

Ma'am, You have an outstanding source of support right here! Congratulations on the opportunity to be the Parent of a United States Marine, Marine Corps Drill Instructors are some of the most Outstanding,Squared away,Professional People out there, He really is in Good hands.

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Miss melody congrats on your son!my son is also at PI and will graduate on july 25th.everything thing these Marines say is true ,and they can answer all your questions.DAVBLAY can be a rock when you really get worried about something in a letter.you have all the support you need right here.

sent you a pm

keith

Credits
    Savings
    Ma'am your son is in good hands. You have support here when ever you need it. Many of us will send up some prayers for your piece of mind and for your son while he is on his journey to becoming a man.

Thanks to all you guys I got my phone call last night and it really hit hard I know they are only allowed to say a certain thing but it was so sterile! But i did slip an I love you in there and he did respond with ( I love you too!) .I cant wait til I start recieving mail,He is set to graduate October 3rd.

Marine Family Free Member ScottsMom's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Congratulations! It was also very hard for me when my son left, but after we started receiving letters the time started to fly by and before we knew it, we were hugging our brand new Marine! I hope the time passes quickly for you. Good luck!!

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Hey Melody - It does get easier! Our recruit shipped out to San Diego on May 5th and is currently scheduled to graduate on August 1st. The first couple weeks where tough, then mail started rolling in and it became quite obvious he was in good hands.
    It's not an easy ride but the support system that is created within each company and platoon helps. After JT left I paid his recruiter a visit and was pleasantly surprised by how supportive he was, a wealth of information. As the days roll by the excitement starts to build and toward the end all you can focus on is FAMILY DAY!!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Personally,,,I can't hardly stand to wait. Watching the parade ground,,,,, waiting for my son,,,,,, hope I remember to breathe.
    I know I'm loosing a boy, and gaining a man.

Too bad all boys can't go there.

Thread Information