Wow, I can't believe Im asking this but...
Create Post

Wow, I can't believe Im asking this but...

Okay, Ive read enough of these threads to know whats going to happen, Im going to ask a question and most of you are going to reply with "Dont do that! Thats stupid! Wait until you're out, do this, do that, etc etc"

I already know, which is why I'm not married yet, but I have a question. I'm fully aware the Corps sends you where it wants you, not where is most convenient, but I'm still going to ask about what usually happens.

Lets suppose two Marines, who'd been in the fleet over a year and both were NCOs, got married, one was stationed in Okinawa and the other stationed in the US...oh lets pretend and say it was Hawaii.

What are the odds of them getting stationed together? How would they go about at least trying? And what would the Corps most likely do? Send both Marines CONUS or send the one to Hawaii? Im assuming they wouldnt send the one from Hawaii to Japan...

I've heard all the "You stupid boot!" stories, and even laughed at them. If this even does happen, it won't be until late '09, its not like Im flying to Vegas this weekend. I'm not going to rush into anything, and if waiting till I'm no longer a "Boot" is what I have to do, while that sucks, at least I won't be potentially screwing up my life.

The Marine Corps will eventually move you within 50 miles of each other. It will coincide with a reenlistment and until that time you will both receive geo bachelor pay.

I had a similar situation to the one you are covertly describing Achped. All i did was talk to my SNCOIC at the time, a MSgt, and he spoke with the monitor and explained the situation. (Any situation will turn out 10 times better if you use your chain of command properly ) It just so happened that at where my wife was stationed at, they had a spot open for a NBC non NCO, and my current shop was full of non NCO's, so, i got orders.

Just remember this, you and only you are in charge of where your career takes you. The best thing you can do is use your chain of command. That is why its there Devil Dog, to help you. Utilize it. B

Being an NCO will not help sway anybody's mind in this type of situation. You're monitor will not view you, or your future wife as anything but a body filling a billet. However, there is a chance that wherever either of you are stationed, that duty station might have a unit needing a body that fits either of your description.

The most that the Marine Corps can promise you as a dual active married couple, is exactly what SSgt said, 50 miles apart. Keep that in mind as well.

Stay Motivated and Semper Fidelis.
    Carry on.

A good friend of mine was able to get his orders changed in order to come out here to Okinawa to be with his wife. So it is possible to be with your significant other.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Matt! Snap out of it dude! I can't believe you're asking something like this either! Don't be stupid now!

My wife and I (same MOS) just both got orders to Lejeune. Everyone else we know is going somewhere else. We used the chain of command and our Master Guns put in a call to the moniter. Bingo Bango. Use your COC and it might work out better than you thought.

Side note: I married a Marine as well. Been married for 6 months today. I know there are all kinds of horror stories, but it is what you make of it.

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    We used the chain of command and our Master Guns put in a call to the moniter.
    One of the smartest things I've heard from a junior Marine.

Thread Information