How many time can you get dropped?
Create Post
    Marine Spouse Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Unhappy How many time can you get dropped?

Hello, My guy is at Basic Training at Parris Island. He got dropped back in Feb. for pneumonia, and got picked up in March by another platoon. He broke his toe two days after that, got put on bed rest for a medical problem a few weeks after that, and now has gotten dropped for the second time due to an injury to his knee. My question is how many problems can you have and how many times can you get dropped and continue to stay in training? Could it be endless? I have been really supportive through all of it, but I am starting to wonder if its just not meant for him to be a marine. He was originally supposed to graduate May 9th... Obviously he's not gonna graduate anytime close to that! : (

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    That's a good question Ma'am, but rules apply to Spouses too, Fill out your profile and get your answers, ok

Dave

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    When my son graduated Aug 10, 2007 there was a Marine (Graduate) that had been their over 28 weeks: PCP, Medical: Pnemonia, Knees, & Stress Fractures, but he graduated.

He just refused to go home.

My son got through with a "Rod" in his femur & a seperated shoulder.

IF they want to get through, the DIs (We owe alot to these men & women)will get them through!!!

While in Basic he is considered Active Duty. They have to send him home in the same shape or in better shape as he was when he first got to MCRD; thus, he wont be sent home "broken" unless he tells someone he wants to quit.

Tell him to keep on keeping on. He will get through training and have some motivational storeis to pass on to his Marines.

Thread Information