Help on wearing Dress blues in public
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Help on wearing Dress blues in public

I just graduated yesterday and I want to wear my dress blues to the recruiting office shortly. I want to make sure I have the proper ribbons, medals, or shooting badges in order to wear it and wondering if anyone can help me out. I should know this already, but it has slipped my mind and I don't have a Senior drill instructor to answer my questions anymore lol. All helpful information is welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker5150
    I just graduated yesterday and I want to wear my dress blues to the recruiting office shortly. I want to make sure I have the proper ribbons, medals, or shooting badges in order to wear it and wondering if anyone can help me out. I should know this already, but it has slipped my mind and I don't have a Senior drill instructor to answer my questions anymore lol. All helpful information is welcome.

Well, what, specifically, do you need to know?

First fill out your profile, and HTF don't you know how to put your ribbon and shooting badge on? Shooting badge centered above left breast pocket 1/8 inch above it and NSD ribbon centered above that an 1/8 of an inch. You don't wear medals out in public (Dress Blue Alphas). Those are for command prescribed events (i.e. Marine Corps Ball) and other rare occasions. Get your **** together, fast, Devil Dog!!!!

thanks

yes I have my NDR and SS badge on atm I was just making sure it was alright to wear that in public and not for a special occasion only ( like medals are). Thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker5150
    yes I have my NDR and SS badge on atm I was just making sure it was alright to wear that in public and not for a special occasion only ( like medals are). Thank you very much.
    Complete your profile Marine! It might not be such a wise idea to wear those blues just to see your recruiter, they are for special occasions given authority by your command...your Alphas would be just as good...why don't you wear those? You still have to appropriately affix your ribbons and badges.

Dress Blue Deltas are always good for recruiting. Might as well dress like everyone else there.

You can wear your blues man. Be proud to wear them, you earned the right to wear them.

wear your blues if you like but deltas are a little more comfortable i think. if youre going to visit a high school or anything like that then definetly wear your blues. I got all kinds of looks when i went to visit some of my old teachers after i graduated boot. Youve only got one ribbon and shooting badge so just make sure they are straight and properly spaced.

dress blues

Generally when you wear the dress blues in public (not to the MC Ball) You wear the dress blues bravos i.e without the medal and you wear the ribbon and the shooting badge. The medals are generally reserved for special events.

May dress blues be worn to a funeral of a veteren?

BBN:
    Sure you can...In my opinion, a nice sign of respect for a vet...but keeping it squared away and keeping your military bearing is a F/T job during a funeral or any "public" event...be prepared for other vets to engage in discussions and invitations to the closest watering hole...

I think for recruiting duty the Delta Blues are great....But Funeral's and Weddings I always prefered Charlies....The Dress Blues will bring too much attention on yourself at someone else's event.....

Badges, uniform wear

You can wear all the badges to which you are authorized on all dress and class A uniforms, including the long sleeve khaki shirt if it is worn as the outer garment with blue trousers. Aviation Insignia (including Recon wings) can be worn on all uniforms including BDUs.Aviation and diving insignia are authorized for wear on all class A, and dress uniforms, including Mess Dress and miniature versions are authorized for wear with miniature medals. Full size versions are authorized for wear with ribbons on all appropriate uniforms.

Last edited by Tyger1stOK; 11-01-16 at 07:44 PM. Reason: add photo

You revived an 8 year old thread to answer a question that wasn't even asked? Damn killer, going all lazarus on old threads is above and beyond, and is reflective of the highest levels of exemplary LN.com behavior. Somebody oughta put you in for a NAM. Lol.

Sorry about that. I just joined and it was the first message I saw. I didn't look at the date. My bad.

Thread Information