I went Active Duty
Create Post

I went Active Duty

Thank you so much Marines for helping me in making this decision. I couldn't of done it without the help. I went to MEPS last night and did all my paper work this morning around 5. The recruiter, my recruiter, got my job request form filled out to be a UAV Pilot.

When my recruiter came to MEPS to pick me up, he told me he had good news. I'm no longer going to boot camp on June 9th, I'm going on June 23rd. I really wanted to go on June 9th, because I can't wait to become a United States Marine and finally change this life of mine, but that's ok.

Once again thank you Marines.

One thing my recruiter told me is
    "You can't be the Air Force, you can be the Army, you can't be the Navy...but what you can be, and has to be earned, is the title of a Marine. I am a Marine."
    As in "I'm a Air Force, I'm a Army, I'm a Navy...no I'm a Marine."

But you can be an Army of one- or Army Strong- or whatever their little slogan is this week.

Congratulations on your decision. You made the right one.

Good Luck Poolee!congrats On Your Choice.

Quote Originally Posted by 240Subu
    Thank you so much Marines for helping me in making this decision. I couldn't of done it without the help. I went to MEPS last night and did all my paper work this morning around 5. The recruiter, my recruiter, got my job request form filled out to be a UAV Pilot.

When my recruiter came to MEPS to pick me up, he told me he had good news. I'm no longer going to boot camp on June 9th, I'm going on June 23rd. I really wanted to go on June 9th, because I can't wait to become a United States Marine and finally change this life of mine, but that's ok.

Once again thank you Marines.

One thing my recruiter told me is
    "You can't be the Air Force, you can be the Army, you can't be the Navy...but what you can be, and has to be earned, is the title of a Marine. I am a Marine."
    As in "I'm a Air Force, I'm a Army, I'm a Navy...no I'm a Marine."
    Congradulations. I went active duty also as Marine Corps Security Forces/Infantry and I'm leaving the same day for bootcamp as you, if your going to MCRDSD we might run in to each other

Thread Information