Question About Boards
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question About Boards

I checked into my first duty station recently and was immediatley put on a meritorious corporal board. I did not win because they said I had lack of time in service... anyways got any tips for boards to help me out? They said I had great bearing... but I really want to wow the members of the next board... any suggestions??

http://leatherneck.com/forums/showth...Corporal+boardThat should help, quite a few good suggestions I would have to believe. Mods ask that you fill out your profile too.

Quote Originally Posted by JJStone1121
    They said I had great bearing...but I really want to wow the members of the next board...
    I'm getting mixed signals here

Marine Free Member AAV Crewchief's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    I checked into my first duty station recently and was immediatley put on a meritorious corporal board. I did not win because they said I had lack of time in service... anyways got any tips for boards to help me out? They said I had great bearing... but I really want to wow the members of the next board... any suggestions??
    Having been in your position you were what is referred to as CANNON FODDER (put on the board and probably at the last minute to make the others look better). Still, it's something you can say you did (going up for meritorious CPL) and use this experience for the next time you get nominated.

How are you an E-3 at your first duty station though?

Quote Originally Posted by SlingerDun
    I'm getting mixed signals here
    That is perhaps why he did not make it

Long LOS guard and camp guard... I was lance at my first duty station too. don't forget MOSs can be a year and a half for aviation.

Marine Free Member AAV Crewchief's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Yeah, I always forget about the air wingers. Still, I have never agreed with giving rank up for a 6 year hitch. We had some guys in my platoon at Parris Island who got guaranteed Cpl for a 6 year enlistment. They caught hell as NCOs upon getting to their first duty station. None of them were up to speed in their job for the rank that they were wearing.

Sergeant, Some of the intel MOS schools are longer than a year and same with the air wing. We have to meet the same TIS and TIG as everyone else. I have a 5 yr contract and was guaranted Private out of boot, that is all.

Sorry if you knew this, I just wanted to make sure.

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Take more MCIs and do better at the Rifle Range.

Quote Originally Posted by AAV Crewchief
    Yeah, I always forget about the air wingers. Still, I have never agreed with giving rank up for a 6 year hitch. We had some guys in my platoon at Parris Island who got guaranteed Cpl for a 6 year enlistment. They caught hell as NCOs upon getting to their first duty station. None of them were up to speed in their job for the rank that they were wearing.
    Today the highest rank you can get out of boot camp is e-3, and thats for one person, the company honor man. then its just e2s and privates. Im in for a five year hitch and im an airwinger. i expected my school to be about a year long but i was only at school for 4 months before i hit the fleet. so i still owe the corps another 4 years.

It is also impossible to pick up Cpl while in student status, as you are only able to be promoted to PFC and/or LCpl.

Best advise I can give you is when preparing for the Promotion Boards DON'T TRY AND BULL SHI-- them be yourself..The Board will excuse a Marine who might give them a wrong answer to a question,,, ,,but if you try to WOW or Bull ****- your way , they will see right thru you . Take it from an old Marine whose been there and done that.

Semper Fi and give it your best....

Quote Originally Posted by MotivatorOfTheGuard
    It is also impossible to pick up Cpl while in student status, as you are only able to be promoted to PFC and/or LCpl.

you're an genius... you can't get promoted with-out an MOS!!! how the hell can they say you have a MOS if you haven't finished school!! just shut-up if really think this....(not you motivator)

I say that with love because dumb people need love too.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Petzold
    you're an genius... you can't get promoted with-out an MOS!!! how the hell can they say you have a MOS if you haven't finished school!! just shut-up if really think this....(not you motivator)
    Explain this remark please.

Knowledge, bearing, uniform and drill. I always had the bearing, uniform and drill part in the bag, but the knowledge is what always killed me. I just didn't like to sit in my room and study knowledge, but that is what always caused me to lose these types of boards.

Thread Information