Airport Security
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Airport Security

I was in the Louisville, KY Airport (Near Ft. Knox) earlier this month and was shocked that the TSA made men in uniform go through the regular security. The Army allows their troops to travel in “DIGGIES “ and TSA was making them pull off their boots, belts, etc. and had a field day with some of the carry-ons
    Is it me or do some of you find it odd that they can’t treat Military with Active ID’s with a little more Freedom? Some of these kids were heading for the “Sandbox”. We can give’m an M16 and let them protect our ARSE but we won’t let them have a beer or walk through Security at the Airport

Anyone can go to the surplus store and buy a uniform. I'd be mortified if they didn't put people in uniform through the exact same security measures as everyone else. Trust me, it didn't bother them. Taking off your boots isn't nearly as big a pain in the rear as their normal day to day life.

Yep...if I was still active I wouldn't feel the least bit bad or upset about going through the bend, spread and cough process!! Hell, if they conveyed this is whats going to happen to EVERYBODY, a long time ago...I guess alot of people would still be around, huh?

Marine Free Member darkgreen0311's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Images

Darkgreen 0311

I don't think it's no big deal they don't know you from adam they're just doing their job.

SEMPER FI 4 LIFE
    YOURS IS NOT TO QUESTION WHY BUT TO DO OR DIE!!!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Wear a rag on your head,,,,,,, You'll get right thru.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    M-16??????????

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkie
    Wear a rag on your head,,,,,,, You'll get right thru.
    I know that's right! Happens at Hartsfield ALL the time!

I went through in Alpha's and they had me take off my shoes, coat, and my shirt stays. ridiculous.

Credits
    Savings
    It may be a pain. With all the surplus stores floating around on cyber space and pawn shops full of uniforms it is very, very easy to get a set. Thats all we need is for some diaper head to get a set of blues, get through security unchecked and bring down a plane into a foot ball stadium at half time. All because they treated a person in uniform different.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Yeah, I would expect no less from them. I mean, we all know we're the safest ones going through and, yes, it IS a pain in the ass when you get pulled off to the side. You can buy a set of Blues on Ebay - I'm glad they do it.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Two CLNC Marines within the past 6 months tried to take explosives on the plane in carry on luggage. A pipe bomb and a grenade I believe.

So I would say no one should be immune.

Now as Big Jim said bend over and spread em....there is only one poster before me that I would say...Go fer it!!

I'd make a special beer run to Hartsfield to see that one!

Credits
    Savings
    Uniform OK but Active ID's? You could at least send them through the EMPLOYEE line.

Now tell me there are NO "Rag Heads" employed by the airlines or TSA for that matter?

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Gator347
    Uniform OK but Active ID's? You could at least send them through the EMPLOYEE line.

Now tell me there are NO "Rag Heads" employed by the airlines or TSA for that matter?
    Still no. Show a vulnerability and those terds will find a way to exploit it. How long do you think it will take for some happy little jihadist to make a fake I.D?

Credits
    Savings
    You make a few fine points but You could at least send them through the EMPLOYEE line along with Law Enforcement.

I for one like flying with people willing to keep me Free & Safe.

Whats worse is 4 years ago when I was coming back from Iraq...we were flying out of a base called Arifjan in Kuwait. My whole unit was in Cammies and carrying M16's, Saws, 240s, you name it. Some of us even had "security rounds" But the air force guys that were checking us before we boarded the plane back to the US made us turn in things like fingernail clippers

Thread Information