question about Combat correspodent
Create Post

question about Combat correspodent

I am waiting to join the marines untill i get 18 i am 17 now and i was wondering what do you have to do to become a Combat correspodent or if women can be a Combat correspodent.

Nope Women Marines are not allowed in Combat or anywhere close to it..

Not trying to start a war, but i know plenty of women Marine's who have been to combat. Some of them multiple times. And I'm not just talking about deployed to Iraq, I'm talking about sending rounds down range and taking fire. I don't know about combat correspondance but i do know a few female combat photographers. (sounds similiar?)

Combat Correspondent is Public Affairs.

Yes, there are plenty of females in Public Affairs. Best to talk to your recruiter about what you need to qualify. I will say that a strong writing background will help.

Women have been in combat pretty often. Funny thing about insurgents, they don't tend to care what the sex of the driver is when they ambush a convoy.

As for MOS 4341 combat correspondent, the requirements are a little muddied. You have to have a GT of at least 105, a VE of 40. From there you will be interviewed by a SNCO or officer in the public affairs MOS. If you get the MOS you will also be given a voice test to see if you should be sent to a follow on school for broadcast journalism.

Thread Information