Squared away uniform tricks... - Page 6
Create Post
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Don't forget to clean that new web belt with toothpaste. A few cleanings and it looks great and not like a recruit's on his first day.

Credits
    Savings
    Blog Entries
    i dont think i have used a webbelt since bootcamp, i wear my mcmap belt. im sure all new marines do these days.

Yeah, perhaps I did date myself a little with that one. I learned that lil trick in 1970, perhaps not as usefull today.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Yea you've dated yourself. Methinks you can't even figure out how to clean your
    fuсking teeth with toothpaste.

Hey Marines... if you really think you don't wear a web belt... you might be a retard. You wear service uniforms and blues don't you? yeah I don't like buying new web belts every year myself.

And when you get into a position where you're required to wear your service uniform on fridays or mondays... or whenever your CO feels like it, then you might have thought about that... Sad really that you haven't worn it since boot camp.

Whoa there Sgt. Bulkyer, not sure how I got that far under your skin. I guess things truly have changed since I was on active duty in the corps. Back in the day, we respected each other, as all warriors should. Your automatic disrespect makes me glad to know that I am "old school", a true warrior still inspiring and impressing others with real deeds and not just a big mouth.
    Sgt Petzold, Glad to know that web belts are still a part of a Marines uniform, and glad to know that you know the differance between the way a new belt looks, (green), and that one that has been made to look a little salty is better. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by avenger08 View Post
    i dont think i have used a webbelt since bootcamp, i wear my mcmap belt. im sure all new marines do these days.
    Your freaking profile picture you have a web belt on. Jeez... And square that **** away and take pride in your uniform.

Makes me sick looking at that crap.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    PFC Horse .... Before I described detailed methods on how to spit shine boots I had filled out a complete profile. I suggest you fill out your profile then describe to us in painful detail how to go about cleaning a web belt with toothpaste.

Take the monkee poo throwing elsewhere and get this one back on topic or it gets shut down.

Fair warning

Quote Originally Posted by PFC Horse View Post
    Whoa there Sgt. Bulkyer, not sure how I got that far under your skin. I guess things truly have changed since I was on active duty in the corps. Back in the day, we respected each other, as all warriors should. Your automatic disrespect makes me glad to know that I am "old school", a true warrior still inspiring and impressing others with real deeds and not just a big mouth.
    Sgt Petzold, Glad to know that web belts are still a part of a Marines uniform, and glad to know that you know the differance between the way a new belt looks, (green), and that one that has been made to look a little salty is better. Thanks.

um, well... they sell them "salty". They are called Salt Washed... yeah modern manufacturing has come a long way in regards to saltifying web belt.... and I don't think Bulkyer was meaning Automatic dis-respect... I think it was a friendly ribbing, but I would agree that it was overboard in it's written tone... I honestly think his implied tone was one of jest.

Semper Fi hoarse! Keep those good tricks coming! mainly 'cause you'll never know when those old tricks will come in handy... like when the PX runs out of salty web belts!!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I did go overboard in my tone of jest and then became defensive and defiant after reading responses. I have never heard of washing a belt in toothpaste and have no idea how one would go about it. To my knowlege you remove the buckle and apply scotch tape to the tip of a brand new web belt then run it through the washing machine two times in hot water. You then let it air dry. This is all done before cutting it. Remove the scotch tape ... it was there to keep the anonodized tip from getting scratched.

We did remove the buckle and taped the tip, then lay it flat, wet it, and using a toothbrush we scrubbed it with whitening toothpaste. The tooth paste whitend the belt and using a toothbrush made sure that the web fibers were not damaged. We were allowed to do this in boot.
    But now they sell "salty belts", I will be damned.

In the darkest of places and for the briefest of times; I was so, so good at something.

PFC Horse,you need to beef up your profile...

Working on that profile but do you really give a crap where I went to high school or what my favorite color is?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I started to criticize your profile then stopped myself.

Thread Information