Pft Calculator, Tell Us Your Score. - Page 7
Create Post
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    and you bagged'em didn't you?!

Quote Originally Posted by SSgt Petzold View Post
    and you bagged'em didn't you?!
    hell ya i did, and they were a brand new pair of damn Nike's

I spent 150 for a really nice pair of running shoes as I never owned a pair in my life... I even borrowed the money from my parents!!!

I used them in the fleet but that's not really the point...

I just went through MEPS as an officer candidate and did my initial Physical Fitness Test. I've been training for about 7-8 weeks after contacting the local selection office. My scores:

Pullups: 13 (65pts)
    Crunches: 89 (89pts) - yikes, something went wrong there today!
    3mile: 18:54: (94pts)

248/300

I'm looking to increase my pull-ups by 2 and crunches to 100 (which I normally get) in a few weeks to get my score up to the 270 range for my application to go to the board on May 1st!

your sit-ups might be a lack of friends......

a Marine without 100 crunches is a Marine without friends.

decent run-time... that'd improve at OCS.

the pull-ups is your money maker, hit that area hard.

Thanks SSGT - I'm currently a teacher and am applying for the Oct '09 start date so I have all summer to get to 300 before I head out.

I'm not sure what the deal was on the sit-ups. I'm usually over 100 by about 5 or 6, I just had a bad day there I guess! I know I need to improve my upper-body strength, I'm a naturally slim guy and have been working hard on that. I've seem to hit a wall (which I understand is natural). I can't get that darn #14 but have been improving the number of reps on later sets.

The Captain at the OSO is trying to talk me into going air. Before his current assignment he was a helo pilot. I'm still debating between ground and air...

the question is wheter or not you want to lead Marines or fly them places.

as for the pull-ups, just do your max set 5 -10 times a day and you can probably break through your plateau.

possibly using a weight belt or something to help build some more muscle while doing pull-ups.

Pull ups: 20+
    Sit ups: 100+
    3 Mile: 1 1/2 = 12:30 (so guesstimating at 26:24)

1st Class

Pull ups: 20
    Sit ups: 135
    3 mile: 21:17

PFT=280/300
    1st class

I want to hit an 18 minute three mile after boot camp.

haha! you suck! you missed the 285 club!!

ok, just kidding, you smoked my best PFT I've ever ran... the pull-ups gets me everytime.

I ran an 18 min and did the 100 crunches (see I do have friends!!) but I did only 14 pull-ups.

good luck on that extra hustle on the run!! if only you sprinted a little harder you'd have a 72!!

I bet you weren't even puking!

ok, I'm done with that type of motivation... good job on the PFT Cwalling!!!!
    lol thanks Ssgt,as If my NCO's didn't give me enough **** "19?!! you couldn't get that last one!" my buddy was behind me in line saying "do it for your dog! do it for max!" im like "**** make me feel guilty don't ya?!"

yea I was 5 seconds behind the leader,who was coincedently another guy from K9.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

I'm Getting There!!

Pull-ups: 17
    Crunches: 73
    3 Mile Run: 23:00 min flat

SCORE: 228/300
    PFT CLASS: 1ST

I'll eventually get everything perfect. Watch.

What is the minimum for a "first class" PFT score? i cant find it anywhere.

don't worry about it.... just PT you but off.

you should be aiming for a 300 not worrying about the minimun 1st class PFT.

everything you need to learn about the Marine Corps, you'll learn in boot camp.

don't worry about it.... just PT you but off.

you should be aiming for a 300 not worrying about the minimun 1st class PFT.

everything you need to learn about the Marine Corps, you'll learn in boot camp.
    Well i know this already. I need a 1st class PFT for my MOS. I'm not aiming for the minimum by any stretch of the imagination, thats just retarded. I simply wanted to know what the minimum score was for peace of mind and so that i have the knowledge of what it is.

well, first I'd suggest you use Rank when addressing someone who happens to be a Marine.

secondly as I said, it's not something you need to worry about, your drill instructors will not allow you to get a second class PFT if you aren't fat to begin with.

what are your current PFT numbers? have you even thought to keep count? I'll let you know if you've nothing to worry about.

and if I wasn't such a nice guy I'd give you the title of nasty turd... why is it Poolees go around as if they run this place?! any Marines have an answer to this?!

Thread Information