Running in bootcamp: Every other day?
Create Post

Running in bootcamp: Every other day?

Originally I was under the impression that you run a mile or more in the mornings pretty much every single day at bootcamp, but then I heard recently (from a Marine) that normally they only do PT runs every other day, apparently so your body has time to rebuild muscle between big runs. Can anyone verify this?

Yes, I can. But you might not even have PT every other day maybe only twice a week. You will however be running everywhere you go unless you are marching there. Got to make a head call, you better fly.

And if you think you won't be getting worked out every day, you're in for a big surprise.

Ahhh, so in other words, big long PT Runs might not be every day, but you'll still do plenty of "getting-here-to-there" running every day no matter what? That makes sense then.

yes

Quote Originally Posted by Reagan
    Ahhh, so in other words, big long PT Runs might not be every day, but you'll still do plenty of "getting-here-to-there" running every day no matter what? That makes sense then.

PT comes in many shapes and forms in the Marine Corps.

That answers it then. Thanks for the info, Marines.

Carrying big rocks (chunks of cinder blocks) in your cargo pocket count as PT?

You will get killed on a daily basis. Just cause your not running 3 miles on any particular day doesn't mean your not getting plenty of exercise. We had those 5 gal water jugs filled with concrete that we had to carry around the barracks in each hand. It sucked because if you dropped them the Drill Instructors would hear the loud thump and ohhhh boy watch out. I hated those things.

Thread Information