Will I get into PLC?
Create Post

Will I get into PLC?

Right now I am a high school junior, and I have excellent grades and have estimated my PFT score to be around 250. I will probably be attending either Yale, UPenn, or the University of Virginia. Do any of you know what percentage of applicants are generally actually accepted into the PLC, and if I would probably get in? My main problem is that I don't have many leadership positions in any groups. Thanks for any input/help.

you need to talk to your local recruiter to get you in touch with the career recruiter in your area... best option haus

edit: the local recruiter will leave you alone when he finds out you're going to the dark side.... don't worry about them, they're happy to refer you. (or should be if they are worth anything)

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysFaithful
    Right now I am a high school junior, and I have excellent grades and have estimated my PFT score to be around 250. I will probably be attending either Yale, UPenn, or the University of Virginia. Do any of you know what percentage of applicants are generally actually accepted into the PLC, and if I would probably get in? My main problem is that I don't have many leadership positions in any groups. Thanks for any input/help.
    You need to fill out your profile. Attention to detail (to the rules), if anything, you'll be called upon it even more so as an officer cadidate hopeful.

If you're a junior, you shouldn't jump the gun. Step 1 is making sure you get into college. This means maintaining your academic rigor, and making sure in abolutely NO CASE to get a D or F in ANY class especially in your senior year. You aren't going anywhere without being on track to a college degree.

First, look for the OSO closest to whichever scshool you'll be attending.
    http://openbah.com/marine-ocs-articl...-oso-city-list
    The day you start college, I would get in contact with your OSO so you can get started on your package right away.

The minimum PFT is considered to be a 1st class (225), with a highly competitive to near guarantee to be at 270 and 280 respectively. There are exceptions, people have been selected with 214-225 PFTs who shine in other aspects of their package. GPA and extracurricular experience does play a role as well, but can again be overlooked if you excel in another area.

As to your chances, it depends on your area, as your OSO will have a limited number of slots. My friend who attend Cal Poly says that for freshmen there are only two slots for PLC and one's most likely going to a prior. You're a high school junior, you have plenty of time to work on building the foundation for a competitive package.

recommend you get the paperwork done BEFORE you start... just like registration for your classes. but he seem spot on man...

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    AlwaysFaithful, I'm at Virginia can tell you that the Gunny here at UVa (who is attatched to the Marine-Option NROTC) is motivated as h**, I've heard that he'll go through a lot to get his guys in proper standing for the PLC, both academically, physically and with regards to extra-curriculars involving leadership. I'm sure this is the same for many college campuses. For me, as I'm in my first year of college, so far the Gunny is more helpful than the OSO who is miles away in Ashland VA.

Thread Information