Good Conduct Medal - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks. It is on my DD-214. There is a reference: "Book 10, page 87". This is written next to the "Good Conduct Medal".
    There is another reference in the same box;" Good Conduct commences 810829. This is one day shy of my three years. I entered on 30Aug78. If I do rate it, can I get the warrant or whatever the paper is called?
    Thanks for all your input,
    Semper Fi,
    Eric

well if you do rate it, then yes... I thought this was current MCO... back then I'm unawares of the MCOs... if your dd-214 says so then you can probably get it from the recruiters office... they can have their admin do it, or they'll tell you where you have to call.

I will be on Quantico on Thursday, can someone there help me? I can also talk to the local recruiter--Newton, NJ. You don't know what those book and page references are?
    Thanks,
    Eric

just bring your DD-214 that should be sufficient...

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    It may have changed but it used to be that you still recieved the good conduct if you had no more that one office hours during that 3 year time span. It is 3 years and if you had a 3 x 3 contract and completed it then you rate a good conduct medal.

Quote Originally Posted by Echo_Four_Bravo
    You do rate it. If it isn't on your DD214 you need to apply for the correction before it will be on your records though.

As far as where to get it, I'd try Grit's- I'd be shocked if he can't hook you up.
    You first one is free, if you rate one you can apply to get one sent to you

That is true- the first one is free. But not living close any base, it would be difficult to make that happen for me. So I was thinking just buying it would be a good plan of attack. That is what I would do.

You can submit a request to Military Records requesting a replacement and they will sent the first replacement one at no charge. I did this for several of mine that was destroyed or lost.

Thanks. I was on the base and went to the museum. It was worth every second of the six hours in the car. I will go back. Who do I send the paper work to? I have waited 27 years, a couple of months won't harm me.
    Semper Fi,
    Eric

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Hood
    Thanks. I was on the base and went to the museum. It was worth every second of the six hours in the car. I will go back. Who do I send the paper work to? I have waited 27 years, a couple of months won't harm me.
    Semper Fi,
    Eric
    Read this:
    http://www.citationexpress.com/DD214...%20Records.htm

Download and print: SF-180

Fill out: SF-180 (for an update to your medals, ribbons and awards, specify "Update my medals, ribbons and awards" )

Attach: Copy of your DD-214

Mail to: Navy Personnel Command (PERS-312D2) 9700 Page Ave.; Rm.5409, St. Louis, MO 63132.

Wait: 12 - 18 Months

Thanks. Will do.
    Eric

You also could rate GCM for one yrs service during time of war.

ONLY during WWI was that done.

I think if you dig a little furture you will find out it was also WWII as well but I was just putting out the information out there. You could also be awarded the GCM if you died in combat before your three yr enlistmen was up.

https://www.manpower.usmc.mil/portal...MA/Replacement

I believe you can use this to get what you need. Yut!

Thread Information