Best Ranger
Create Post

Thread: Best Ranger

Best Ranger

Down here at Ft. Benning begins the Best Ranger competition.

It a contest that test the stamina and battle skills of the Army Rangers. They compete in teams of two.

"Yeah, so?" you say.

Well, Marines also participate in this competition. GYSGT Keith Oakes(whose team mate was SFC SFC William Patterson) has been the only Marine I'm aware of that has won the competition so far.

This year's Marine hopeful are Captain Benjamin Olmedo and 1st. Lt. Sean Justi.

It starts today. The military channel usually covers it. The competition is open to the public so if anyone is inclined to do so and lives near by they can check it out.

Good stuff, I love the show. Too bad I don't have cable in my apartment.

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    YouTube video on last year's 60 hour competition.

Credits
    Savings
    Did they bother to mention that the rangers get to practice, but the Marines who compete may not see the course till a few days prior.

While with 2LAR the whole batalion would go down to Ft.Benning for a month. We all got to run the rangers O course as a platoon. One year H&S company did it as a company. The whole company did it in the time alloted for the 2 man teams. Granted we didn't do the forever long run and hump. We did see rangers out for the whole month running with there gear and practicing the O course dailey. This givng there self, in typical Army fashion, a leg up on any other competitors.

Quote Originally Posted by jrhd97
    Did they bother to mention that the rangers get to practice, but the Marines who compete may not see the course till a few days prior.
    Yup, the Rangers get homefield advantage.

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Yeah well, the 82 Airborne may claim Victory in the 60 hour course, but the 1st Mar Div can claim Victory in 14 day combat marathon where it really counts!
    "February, 2004: Control of Fallujah, and the surrounding area in the Al-Anbar province, is turned over to the 1st Marine Division; the Army's 82nd Airborne Division is relieved of their command."
    MAGTF Rules!

WTF homefield advantage thats bullcrap I would tell them to shove those rules where the sun dont shine..

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by hrscowboy
    WTF homefield advantage thats bullcrap I would tell them to shove those rules where the sun dont shine..
    I don't know if it's a rule or if it is just circumstance that the Marine can't be there early due to his command not giving the time.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    THERE ARE U.S.MARINES WHO ARE RANGER INSTRUCTORS AT BENNING.THE DARBY QUEEN IS A PRETTY UNIQUE OBSTACLE COARSE.I'D SHIP A BUNCH OF RANGERS,OUT TOO MT.MUTHA F**KER;FILL THEIR RUCKSACKS WITH CEMENT BLOCKS.THEN MAKE THEM DO THE ANT HILL,UP AND DOWN FOR 24 HRS STRAIGHT.NO MERCY USMC STYLE!!!

OOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH fistfu i was thinking the very same thing.. Great minds think alike..

Ahh I miss Ft. Benning and hanging out with the my Ranger buddies while I was on Boot Leave. I've ran the Darby Queen as a Poolee, pretty intense stuff no doubt.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    for a while Marines could not compete....after all Marines from Recon Bn smoked them the first 2 years of the compitition.

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdog43701
    ...after all Marines from Recon Bn smoked them the first 2 years of the compitition.
    I think Recon even PTs in their sleep don't they?!!

Quote Originally Posted by yellowwing
    Yeah well, the 82 Airborne may claim Victory in the 60 hour course, but the 1st Mar Div can claim Victory in 14 day combat marathon where it really counts!
    "February, 2004: Control of Fallujah, and the surrounding area in the Al-Anbar province, is turned over to the 1st Marine Division; the Army's 82nd Airborne Division is relieved of their command."
    MAGTF Rules!
    ...My rifle and myself know that what counts in this war is not the rounds we fire, the noise of our burst, nor the smoke we make. We know that it is the hits that count. We will hit...

Thread Information