Boots issued at Boot Camp
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Boots issued at Boot Camp

I know the boots that recruits are issued at Boot Camp are made by Belleville but there are several types of Belleville Marine boots, did the ones issued have the EGA on the heel or were they plain?
    Thanks,
    James Hinman

the ega is there

huh i got bates but yes all issued boots got EGA's there

Yeah the EGA is there, but my EGAs are long gone on those suckers went threw 4 years with the same boots never got an new pair expect the CTEP issue before a deployment to iraq.

Until the boots are black and highly polished, no Marine is wearing Marine Corps boots!!

Honestly though, I'm at a total loss as to why this matters.

i got danners in soi

still wearing them

When a Marine is in the field, Danners should be on his feet. Good move Adam.

you get Danner boots

Danners, the only way to fly

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Echo_Four_Bravo View Post
    Until the boots are black and highly polished, no Marine is wearing Marine Corps boots!!

Honestly though, I'm at a total loss as to why this matters.

Mainly, it's because he is only 15 years old E4B!

Semper Fi,

Dave

dont **** with your feet, danners is the only way to go

Quote Originally Posted by egbutler1 View Post
    Yeah the EGA is there, but my EGAs are long gone on those suckers went threw 4 years with the same boots never got an new pair expect the CTEP issue before a deployment to iraq.
    lolololol, did you have white faded cammies when you EAS'd too?

I love my bates light weights. They were a pain in the...foot at first, but after breaking them in I love them. I got new boots for our deployment too, but I will not be wearing them. I dont know what I'm going to do if these boots get tore up, I dont think I can get them re-soled since the sole is more of a plasticy/gel not rubber/leather like traditional boots (hence the term light weight)

Quote Originally Posted by Achped View Post
    I got new boots for our deployment too, but I will not be wearing them. I dont know what I'm going to do if these boots get tore up, I dont think I can get them re-soled since the sole is more of a plasticy/gel not rubber/leather like traditional boots
    Welt construction. If boots are built this way they can be re-soled a few times if the welt is not blown out. Even cheapo boots may have welt construction. Some molded sole boots do have welts, most don't and are the disposable hiking boots i see at walmart and sporting goods stores for 20 to 40, 60 dollars or more. I can't imagine the U.S. military issuing boots without welt construction for durability, but maybe?

--->Dave

Danner offers three different repair packages for reasonable prices, but for their boots only

Thread Information