Great Jane Fonda Story.. - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Yarrow is a piece of crap! He's about 40 years late getting to the former RVN. If he wanted to help, he should have shown up then to stop communist forces.

Oh ya, I almost forgot, the commies are our friends now.

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Does anyone else find it ironic that "Puff The Magic Dragon" is a moniker for the AC-130 Gunship?

An Anomalous Pentagon Bargain at only $130 million each!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ac130_07.jpg‎
Views:	509
Size:	17.8 KB
ID:	3875  

Ironic indeed yellowwing! Weren't the first "Puffs" DC-3's with a large hatch in the side for the gun?

Registered User Free Member vic_deleon2003's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    I don't know what to say about hanoi jane I know that I do not have any respect for her I can't call her names cause they are to good to be used to decribe her this so called woman who took advantage of her freedom to betray not only the men but the whole of the United States and its people not counting the so called saviors who went down the same streets of this Nation protesting the war and thats another story those people said that they were doing this for the men who were fighting for them
    as for me I never asked anyone to protest the war I volunteered
    in 66 and 68 to go and I went I'm proud that I did and I would
    do it again and again and again Proud to be an American Marine
    can she or any of the protestors claim that title Semper Fi to my
    brother and sister Marines and to Army Navy Air Force Coast Guard Semper FI Vic

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Well said Vic,very well said

I'm sorry, and I may be out of line here, but I believe that if you want to go over and apologize because you feel so sorry for them, then once you leave the U.S. you dont come back. Stay there, because aparently you dont appriciate what others have done so you have the ability to speak out about such "atrocities". I hate hippies.

[QUOTE][i]

"Now, I'm here with that history and came to Vietnam ready to get down on my knees and say I'm sorry"

To all my Nam era brothers and sisters I say that while Yarrow is on his knees it will be that much easier to KISS YOUR AZZ'S. Now if he and Jane could get on a plane and drive it into the ground from 10k feet it would truly be a grand day.

Registered User Free Member Lock-n-Load's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

Talking Hey FONDA...

Up your ying-yang [sideways] you friggin... TRAITOR...now that you have another book coming out and you trying at acting again, you only want to create a photo op with your conniving apology to all Vietnam Vets...just another unscrupulous sidebar to add to your ill-begotton gains...you should be tarred an feathered and ridden out of Hollywood on a rail...even that atheist ex-husband of yours [Ted "you dirty-rat" Turner] dumped your sorry/lame a$$ awhile ago...better still Hanoi Jane, we should use you for live bayonet practice!!...GET LOST...you freakin' douche bag...

Registered User Free Member Eaglestrikes's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

The B***h

I do not refer to her by name. I do not allow that name in my house nor do I allow any thing with her name attached to be in or near my house on on Radio or TV.
    I do not hate her. I do despise her. I do not intend to forgive her until my Lost Brothers come back from their graves.
    Ted Turner was an A$$. He still is. She was worse. After insulting all the Military she decided to insult my Home State of Georgia with that Applachian trash remark of hers.
    She is a loser all the way around.
    I would not read her Obit. I would not allow the paper in my house not even to line the Bird cage with.
    Good Riddance to Bad Rubbish.

Eaglestrikes,
    I couldn't put it any better. She's garbage!!!!!!!!

'Nuff said.

SEMPER FI,
    OLD SARG

Hanoi Jane rides again
    Michelle Malkin
    April 6, 2005

Jane Fonda just won't shut up. And her crocodile tears will not stop flowing. She has contracted an acute case of Aging Celebrity Hippie Syndrome -- and it's going to land her tell-all memoir on The New York Times best-seller list in no time. There she is on "60 Minutes," simpering about her failed relationship with her stoic father.

There she is in the Washington Post, detailing her past bouts with bulimia and lingering body image problems. (Which haven't damaged her enough to prevent her from posing for publicity photos: "Oh, God! Side lighting is not so good for me," the suffering Fonda orders the photographer.)

There she is in The New York Times. And Time magazine. And on "Good Morning America," blabbing about her bizarre trio of ex-husbands and their various pathologies. Adultery. Alcoholism. Prostitutes. Group sex. Blecchh. Aging hippies never learn. As college students, they had no appreciation of the value of self-restraint. Decades later as senior citizens (Jane Fonda is a 67-year-old woman prattling on, Howard Stern-style, about threesomes, for heaven's sake), they still have no appreciation of the value of discretion.

Unless there are big bucks involved, that is.

And now, Hanoi Jane is everywhere, everywhere, issuing what many in the mainstream media have characterized as a so-called apology for her betrayal of American troops in Vietnam.

The New York Times reports:

As she has before, Ms. Fonda apologizes for being photographed laughing and clapping while sitting on an antiaircraft gun in Hanoi. (She writes that she absent-mindedly sat down in a moment of euphoria with her North Vietnamese hosts, and adds, ''That two-minute lapse of sanity will haunt me until the day I die.'')

On "60 Minutes," she moans:

I will go to my grave regretting that. The image of Jane Fonda, 'Barbarella,' Henry Fonda's daughter, just a woman sitting on an enemy aircraft gun was a betrayal. It was like I was thumbing my nose at the military and at the country that gave me privilege.

"Like" she was thumbing her nose? The woman delivered numerous broadcasts on Radio Hanoi claiming tortured POWs were in "good health," calling her own president a "new-type Hitler" on enemy airwaves, and accusing American pilots of being "war criminals."

Vietnam veterans see clearly through Fonda's ploy -- yet another insult to the memory of fallen American troops. Walter Inge wrote in a letter to the editor of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution:

Despite repeated claims, Hanoi Jane Fonda has never apologized for her treasonous collaboration with the Vietnamese Communists. Writing that it was 'a betrayal' and 'a lapse of judgment' is a confession, not an apology.

Henry Mark Holzer, co-author of "Aid and Comfort: Jane Fonda and North Vietnam," was more blunt on MSNBC's "Scarborough Country" this week:

She committed treason. She exploited and misused American POWs. She gave the North Vietnamese communists, with whom we were then at war, propaganda that American POWs endured unimaginable torture not to give them, she gave it to them for free. And, indeed, she caused the deaths of American fighting men and the deaths of our allies as well.

Meanwhile, Fonda's fellow Hollywood hippie leftover, Peter Yarrow, traveled to Vietnam last week "ready to get down on my knees as one American and say, 'Please forgive us'" -- a sentiment with which the unrepentant Fonda -- who has yet to apologize for those treasonous radio broadcasts -- no doubt concurs.

No mind. Fonda's cynical non-apology "apology" keeps making headlines, just as she and her book publicists had hoped. This isn't about making amends. This is about making money.

Me! Me! Me! Hanoi Jane rides again.

Michelle Malkin is a syndicated columnist and maintains her weblog at michellemalkin.com

©2005 Creators Syndicate, Inc.
    Contact Michelle Malkin | Read Malkin's biography
    townhall.com

Ellie

Jane Fonda, Alan Colmes and The Inane Liberal Mindset
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    by Sher Zieve
    April 7, 2005

Last night, while watching Hannity & Colmes, I resisted the temptation of throwing something at the television set. I’ve heard, consistently, from many conservatives who know him, that Alan is “really a nice guy”. Maybe so. But, his comments continue to be consistently absurd, mindless, immature, idiotic, perplexing and too many other adjectives defining ‘ludicrous’ to list here. One of his Wednesday comments, however, took the proverbial cake.

Engaged in a conversation with Lieutenant Colonel Oliver North, regarding Jane Fonda and her new book, the inevitable subject of Fonda’s Viet Nam war atrocities came up in the discussion. Please bear in mind that North not only had first-hand experience in Viet Nam but, knows this war backward, forward, inside and out. North brought up Fonda’s many treasonous actions, during the war and her comments and actions against the US were myriad. One of these that North brought up still has the ability to elicit the strongest of emotions from our Viet Nam veterans. On one of her trips to Viet Nam, where she sided with the enemy Viet Cong against the US and our troops, US prisoners believed they might have some hope…if they could just get messages to Fonda.

Having no idea that Fonda had become a communist-plant, our fathers, sons and husbands managed (at great cost personal to them and the risk of sacrificing their lives if they were caught) to get handwritten messages to Fonda. In their messages, our soldiers begged her to get their information back to the states. They were valiantly trying to get the true story of their imprisonment and torture back to the American people. However, instead of taking the messages home with her, Fonda turned them over to our prisoners’ Viet Cong captors. This resulted in even more severe torture and even death for our troops. Hanoi Jane had accomplished her job well.

Now comes the “kicker”. In response to North’s comments, Colmes (in his inimitable condescending fashion) had the impudence to say: “If we can forgive George Bush for his youthful indiscretions, maybe we can forgive Jane Fonda.” What??? Colmes is comparing Fonda’s treason and her directly causing the torture and death of American citizens to President Bush’s former “youthful indiscretions” with alcohol? Good grief! Does Alan even bother to take his mind with him, when he leaves his home each day? This reflects yet more liberal insanity and a gross lack of mental acumen. At its very best, this comment reflects a badly failing intellect. It is, also, one of the best examples of the way liberals think and, most likely, the reason why they fight against the death penalty for mass murderers yet saw no problem with Terri Schiavo’s forced euthanasia and support the abortion of babies. Most liberals are lunatics who do not appear to possess the ability for rational thought. Colmes’ comment is but another glaring example of their malady. This is, also, another illustration of why they must no longer be elected…to anything. Irrationality and stupidity are not prime qualifications for public office.

Ellie

Kinda Fond of Jane Fonda

April 8, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    by Karen H. Pittman

Hey, guys, quick, before you miss it – look up: I'm about to step out onto the ledge here and say something terribly controversial. I'm about to break ranks with my conservative brethren.

Yes, Jane Fonda did some horrible things in Hanoi. Yes, she was a wild child, an hysterical 60’s flower-power flouter of the first order. But that doesn't change the fact that she herself may have changed. Whoever the girl was, the grown woman is now someone else entirely – a mature, thoroughly mellowed 67-year-old grandmother in need of artificial hips.

Try as I might, for the sake of the cause, I cannot dislike her. For despite her faults, she brings one sterling quality to the table which your typical Hollywood socialite does not, and that is substance. Jane Fonda herself is silver-minted. And let's face it: No airhead would have dared perch her derriere atop an enemy gunship just for the sake of publicity.

Whatever we may think of Ms. Fonda's activism in Vietnam, we cannot seriously think she did all of that for attention. If nothing else, we must at least be intellectually and morally honest enough to admit that Jane Fonda, the girl, did the things she did for the same reasons we do – because she truly, acutely, radically believed. To assert anything less is to do ourselves and our cause a disservice, to say nothing of her and hers.

And if we, some thirty-five years later, still can’t get over it, that’s our problem. If more of us would do what I'm trying to do in making the effort to look past this woman's tempestuous past – if we would all just chill out long enough to suspend judgment for five whole minutes and actually listen to what she has to say – we would happily discover, I believe, that much of what she says has merit. Her words are, at times, even profound. Agree or disagree with her political ideology, embrace or disavow her evolving brand of Christianity, at least Jane Fonda is herself evolving, and is committed to some cause larger than her own. At least she is earnestly searching.

I mean, my God, if the Pope could forgive Mehmet Ali Agca ( http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7381043/), can't we forgive Jane Fonda?

That said, let me be crystal clear on one point: I do not expect veterans of her crazed, callow crusade to be so magnanimous. I do not expect that all those valiant Vietnam POWs, who were so brutally and viscerally betrayed, can or will or even should forgive her. For them, the injury was and is too deeply personal; for me, it was, and remains to this day, mostly a black and white photograph in a history book.

I was all of nine or ten years old when Ms. Fonda cozied up to the Viet Cong, and being a kid, I was riddled with the same ambivalent impressions of that conflict that all the kids were back then. That did not mean, however, that I expressly condoned what she doing; truthfully, I knew too little about the whole affair to know how I felt. But it did mean that part of me understood and even empathized with what she was trying to do, because – in the context of that turbulent era, our turbulent era – she was merely aggressively following the dictates of her conscience, misleading as they were.

What a rabid disciple and proselytizer this woman would make!

And as far as I can see, that’s all she’s doing now – following her heart.

At the end of the day, this is what we most need to take away from all this. If we are to achieve any kind of clarity in the midst of this hullabaloo, the one maypole around which we must wrap ourselves is the mortal recognition that people can and do change, especially as they age. They evolve. Only God and truth are unchanging, but we mercurial human beings tend either to develop or regress in terms of our ability to recognize and interpret them.

At least give the lady credit for developing! Okay, so she hasn’t fully renounced her stance on Vietnam. But she is clearly inching ever closer toward some sort of healthy, heartfelt finality on the matter. I mean, it’s not like she’s going backwards, for Christ’s sake. For Ms. Fonda to even embrace Christianity at all, in any capacity, given her starting point, is itself a miracle of beatific proportions.

Certainly I would never have believed such a thing could happen when I was nine. But then again, statues of the Blessed Virgin have been known to weep actual tears and drip real drops of bilious blood.

When I lean back and let myself luxury-cruise right through Jane Fonda’s life so far as recounted in countless TV interviews, a remarkable thing occurs. I find I’m not on auto-pilot at all, for then I begin to remember why I bought into this feisty, spunky, energetic lady's charisma in the first place. This is the same allure that led me to buy her leg warmers and workout tapes by the armfuls in the late eighties. I remember why I was drawn to her – because for one thing, she admitted to having daddy problems (read: authority problems), and for another, she had the good sense to realize that the real reason she was binging and purging was to sate a higher hunger, and, more importantly, the courage to acknowledge it.

Now she says that hunger is being fed, wholly and completely, by the body and blood of Christ. Who are we to say otherwise? It seems to me only Christ Himself can make that call.

In this week of Pope John Paul the Great's passing, we must at least try to give Jane Fonda the benefit of the doubt. Her newly professed faith and our desire to believe in its redemptive power encourage us to take her at her word. For those of us who aren’t veterans and weren’t mortally wounded by the cavalier acts of her youthful folly, it’s time to contemplate letting go.

And besides, I just can't help myself – I identify with her. Would that I would glide so gracefully into my sunset . . . .

Sorry, guys, but I just jumped. For me this story isn't about politics. It's about redemption and rapprochement. No matter what the girl did then, the grown woman, the grandmother, has me in her corner rooting for her now.

Call me crazy, but I'm kinda Fonda Jane.

Karen H. Pittman

Ellie

Well, Karen H. Pittman, I'm not fonda Jane!

How do you explain the blood and death by her hands and action?

If indeed she has changed, where are her words that she has?

You talk like what she did is really no big deal.

Call you crazy? Ok, I will!

Jane Fonda is the same fringing ***** that she has always been.

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    "Hey, guys".....I'm about to break ranks with my conservative brethren."

Right away Karen Pittman has identified the male gender and a political affiliation or thought process. Why? What's to gain except perhaps to isolate her thoughts to a specific group or to gain approval from another group. I think that she could have written her ideas without the mentioning of either. I'm thinking that what Jane Fonda did transcended both gender and political affiliation. Her actions were treasonous to male and female, conservative or liberal alike. What does Karen Pittman want? Beats the heck out of me. Oh yes, Karen Pittman, I am of the male gender (Hey,guys) and I consider myself a "flexible conservative not overtly opposed to the process of liberal thought or action". (conservative bretheren) Was your message for me? If it was, I didn't buy it even with your religious reference. Why didn't you just say, "Lighten up, guys. Give her a break she's changed.....just like I am." You could have cut to the chase that way. What do you want?

Thread Information