Great Jane Fonda Story.. - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Opps...I a FNG here...sorry.

Whether the it is true or not it is a GREAT story about a worthless POS traitor.

Wish someone had included the address of the Billings, MT restaurant. I would take a motorcycle ride cross country to eat anyplace that booted Ted Turner and/or Jane Fonda. Bon Appetite!

Javier Cascos
    Sgt., USMC - Inactive (long time)

Registered User Free Member richgitz's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

Thumbs up

Amen Brothers & Sisters!
    Everyones thoughts were right on. Especially MarineMom, her
    thoughts are what I was going to post. Die B***h.

Thumbs down

Right on MarineMom - jane fonda is a traitor ***** and I hope she rots in hell now and hereafter.

SEMPER FI,
    OLE SARG

Hanoi Jane Fonda Regrets 1972 Visit to Vietnam Gun Site
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Oddly Enough - Reuters

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Jane Fonda regrets her visit to a North Vietnamese gun site in 1972, the actress and fitness guru said in an interview with CBS television show "60 Minutes" to be aired Sunday.

The actress defended her trip to Vietnam in 1972, which won her the nickname "Hanoi Jane." But she said her visit to a North Vietnamese anti-aircraft gun site used to shoot down U.S. pilots was a "betrayal" of the U.S. military.

"The image of Jane Fonda, Barbarella, Henry Fonda's daughter ... sitting on an enemy aircraft gun was a betrayal," she said, calling the act, "The largest lapse of judgment that I can even imagine."

But she said she did not regret visiting Hanoi, or being photographed with American prisoners of war there.

"There are hundreds of American delegations that had met with the POWs," she said. "Both sides were using the POWs for propaganda. ... It's not something that I will apologize for."

Three decades on, Vietnam continues to be a divisive issue for Americans. During last year's election campaign, some Republican supporters of President Bush called his Democratic rival, Sen. John Kerry, "Hanoi John" for protesting the Vietnam War after fighting in it and receiving five medals for combat duty.

Ellie

Hanoi Jane Fonda Regrets 1972 Visit to Vietnam Gun Site
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    HANOI JANE COMES CLEAN
    By Neal Boortz
    April 1, 2005

The former Mrs. Ted Turner, Jane Fonda, has come out with a new book. She is making the rounds doing publicity...and she has given an interview to '60 Minutes' that will air this Sunday. In it, she admits (sort of) that she was wrong to go to North Vietnam and visit an anti-aircraft gun site used to shoot down U.S. pilots. Well isn't that nice....but she's a bit late, don't you think?

Fonda says that her trip to the gun site some 33 years ago was a "betrayal" of the U.S. military, its soldiers and "the country that gave me privilege." She calls the picture of her sitting on the enemy gun barrel the largest lapse of judgment she can imagine. Really. So what about the whole decision to visit North Vietnam in the first place? She won't apologize for that. No, Hanoi Jane will only apologize for posing for pictures with enemy weaponry. She won't apologize for being photographed with American POWs, nor will she apologize for going on Radio Hanoi and being a propaganda mouthpiece for the Viet Cong.

Jane Fonda gave aid and comfort to the enemy of the United States during a time of war. We used to call that treason, and there are people sitting in prison for it. Somehow, Jane Fonda got away with it...and now she wants us all to relieve her of her guilty conscience.

Ellie

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I wonder if she is wearing a "Support the Troops" band now that it is fashionable? I'm getting ill. Yuk!!

I am sure the tale of the refused service at the resturant is true. I am from Montana, and know that most to all Montanas hate them both. The only ones that really like them are those hippies that moved up there from California and such and claim to be from MT.

Dam*... I seen the tag line for this tread.. and I was thinking we were going to get to read about Hanoi Jane getting her feeding tube yanked.. PC uncorrect I know.. but it is wishful thinking none the less on my part!

Credits
    Savings
    I care not a wit for the ***** me ownself, but -

http://www.snopes.com/movies/actors/fonda.asp

Poor, poor Jane. Just commit suiside so we can feel good about you again. You commie #$%^&

60's Peace Activist Apologizes to Vietnam

Fri Apr 1,12:51 PM ET

By MARGIE MASON, Associated Press Writer

HO CHI MINH CITY, Vietnam - It's been 30 years since the last bombs fell during the Vietnam War, and longtime peace activist Peter Yarrow says it's about time that America apologizes.

The singer-songwriter from the 1960s folk group Peter, Paul and Mary has grown gray, but his passion to fight for those affected by the war remains fervent.

During his first trip to Vietnam this week, he told The Associated Press that the war wounds of the United States won't heal until the nation makes amends — a process he believes should involve helping Vietnamese suffering from the ill health effects of Agent Orange, a defoliant sprayed by U.S. planes during the war.

"All I know is that there's something that's really hurting the process of engagement, normalization and mutual respect in this equation," he said of U.S.-Vietnam relations. "And a real flash point is the issue of Agent Orange."

Yarrow, 66, performed a benefit concert before a packed crowd in Hanoi's Opera House to raise money for the cause and visited a village where U.S. veterans volunteer their time to help children suffering from diseases and birth defects believed to be caused by exposure to the chemical.

Yarrow, famous for the song "Puff, The Magic Dragon" and his rendition of Bob Dylan's classic "Blowin' In The Wind", decided to devote himself to the cause after years of activism ranging from marching with slain U.S. civil rights leader Martin Luther King, Jr., to organizing concerts in Madison Square Garden to protest the unpopular war.

"Now, I'm here with that history and came to Vietnam ready to get down on my knees as one American and say, 'Please forgive us. We who are a good country — and a great country in many ways — also have made some terrible mistakes,'" he said.

Yarrow is among the first well-known anti-war activists to come to Vietnam since the war ended on April 30, 1975, when communist forces took over Saigon, the U.S.-backed capital of South Vietnam.

Actress Jane Fonda visited North Vietnam in 1972 where she met American prisoners of war and was photographed at a communist anti-aircraft gun site, earning her the nickname "Hanoi Jane."

In an interview prior to the release of her memoir next week, Fonda has that "... sitting on an enemy aircraft gun was a betrayal ... the largest lapse of judgment that I can even imagine."

Since the war, relations with the United States have warmed. Diplomatic ties were normalized in 1995 and a landmark trade agreement was signed in 2001, prompting an explosion of business. But the issue of Agent Orange remains a sticking point.

A U.S. federal court last month dismissed the first-ever lawsuit filed by Vietnamese against the American chemical manufactures, claiming they suffered severe health problems after exposure to Agent Orange.

U.S. aircraft dumped 21 million gallons of defoliant on Vietnam from 1962-71. Most of that was Agent Orange, which contains the toxic dioxin, blamed for causing diseases such as cancer, diabetes, spina bifida and a range of other health problems. However, the U.S. government maintains there is not enough evidence to link dioxin to those ailments.

But Yarrow said the science shouldn't matter. Instead, he said the United States should simply do the right thing 30 years after the war by treating the Vietnamese who say they suffer from exposure.

"It's not to me an issue about whether it's 30 percent or 80 percent of them being victims of Agent Orange ... You've got to say 'We, as a country, are sorry' or at least the individuals have to say it," he said.

While in Vietnam, Yarrow also traveled to Ho Chi Minh City where he attended a conference of international schools to promote Operation Respect, a nonprofit he founded to foster nonviolence in schools.

Ellie

Thread Information