Space at MCT
Create Post

Thread: Space at MCT

Space at MCT

Im leaving for MCT in the morning and i have a decentley packed seabag and body bag. I also have a backpack with my laptop and a couple books. Will i have enough space to keep the backpack or am i gonna have to have my parents ship some of my stuff when im at my MOS school? thanks

You will store everything away and you will only take maybe a book and your issue into the field thats about it.

so it wouldnt be a problem if i brought along a backpack and stored it? i just plan on using the laptop during liberty and read during my spare time

Credits
    Savings
    Nope - take nothing.

Wait until school or you hit the fleet.

Could be wrong, but I bet not.

Yeah don't bring all your personal stuff to MCT. Save that for MOS school. You're not at MCT for too long anyway, and it'll probably just get lost or damaged. Just have your parents send it to you when you get to school.

Theft was a problem when I went through MCT in '04. So much for Marines never lie cheat and STEAL. But while the majority of us are outstanding citizens, we all know there's always those few that just don't care.

I agree with most of the other.
    As a prior instructor for MCT, i would only take the necessities.

there are some Marines that have "sticky" fingers and your trash will "walk away"

Laz,

When I went through MCT, we didnt have wall lockers, we left behind all of our gear in our seabags, locked to our racks. You might be better off leaving anything you dont want to lose at home...If you cant take it to the field, dont bring it!

Quote Originally Posted by CplGonzo17
    Theft was a problem when I went through MCT in '04. So much for Marines never lie cheat and STEAL. But while the majority of us are outstanding citizens, we all know there's always those few that just don't care.
    of all things i got my phone charger stolen in mct. Last night there our cells got release left to take a **** my phone lying there and the charger missing.

As for expensive stuff like electronics the Instructors take that a lock it away in there wall locker

Thread Information