Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 0311

Hello Marines,

I plan on joining the Marine Corps ASAP, but i currently can not get parent consent so i am donig all the research i can right now. My plan is to have my MOS be 0311. I was wondering if you could describe a normal day for this MOS on active duty (if there is one) and if it is a good option to earn the of honor of leading a squad of Marines someday.

Thank you for your time and efforts

Use the search feature and type in "Infantry" . There are alot of threads with some real good information.

will do, thank you.

I looked into some of the other topics and found alot of knowledge although i was not allowed to post a reply on that topic for some reason, but i can post on others. If i have not followed a rule i am sorry i didnt know i had broken one.

I could not find an answer my question about a normal day on base for the MOS 0311 though? maybe because there isnt one?

I also had a hard time finding out about becoming a squad leader sometime in the future, if anyone had any thoughts on these two questions and wouldnt mind posting about them i would be very thankful.

Thank you for your time, service and sacrifice.

Definitely isn't a normal day for 0311. Hell, I'll give you just what happened this week for me.

Monday, woke up at 6:30 I stood by all day and had chow a couple times. PT'd in the morning. Did some working parties. Got off at 1700

Tuesday, woke up at 0500 for weapons draw...Took AT4 and SMAW classes all day, Chow, Got off at 1330

Wednesday, 0500 weapons draw...Fired AT4 and SMAW trainers and spotting rounds, came back, of at 1600

Thursday, 0500 weapons draw, Fired AT4 and SMAW, came back, field day, formation for awards, off at 1800

Friday, Day off because most of our company just got off a British ship.

I mean, half my company was on ship, some were at Humv school, some were at the SAW course, some were AT4 with us, some were at optics course, some were at SLAQ course, and others are at other schools. You can't have a normal day and do not expect to know whats going on until the night before unless it is a range or there is travel involved. Its crazy...expect a lot of standbye time and **** like that. Hip-pocket classes and other drills will happen all the time.

Welcome back wannabeusmc...FronLineMarine did not fit you for a name. Maybe someday it will. Do all the research you can about the job that you want. But I wouldn't concentrate on being a squad leader yet. It is FAR out of reach for you right now.

Thank you for allowing me to make a new name. There is no way that i ment to offend anyone in this room. I relized my actions were flaw after you told me and i'm trying to make up for them. I hope i can soon earn the proud title of United States Marine.

What's a normal day in the Marine corps.

I was bornd on Parris Island the land that God forgot the sand is 14''
    deep the sun is blazing hot wee getup every morning way before the sun we run 100 mile's or more before the day is done...Marine.....Marine..... Can someone out there fisnnish it be we deploy?.

Sgthermogenesm
    Blinded Marine Veteran.

If your interested in the grunts, heres the break down.

0311 Rifleman(my mos) Jack of all trades, you are the back bone of not only the Marine Corps but also of the infantry. ALL OTHER MOS'S ARE THERE TO SUPPORT YOU.

0313 LAV Crewman Im in LAR and I dont think I can name even 3 13's who like this mos. You drive the troops where they need to be and if your lucky youll get to shoot off some 25 mike mike, but not so much these days.

0321 Recon Cant say too much about these guys as I really dont know many, talked to one at cax and he seemed pretty good to go.

0331 Machine gunner Most people think 31's are the guys you see in infantry squads carrying the m249 saw, thats usually 11's 31's are more used for heavy machine guns such as the .50, the mk19, or if they are attached to a 11 unit they will carry a 240.

0341 Mortar Man Infantry pog join if your lazy and just want to droop mortors on people from miles away from the ****.

0351 Assault Man Pretty much a glorifyed 11 these guys also get trained in demo as well as their primary task which is supposto be the implimentation of ither the at4 or the smaw in support of the 11 units.

0352 Anti tank assault guided missle man (toe gunner) Another lazy MOS, pretty much these guys are dinosaurs who arnt much use to the current conflicts, only up side is their MOS promotes fast as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by JordanB
    0341 Mortar Man Infantry pog join if your lazy and just want to droop mortors on people from miles away from the ****.
    this kid has got to be ****ing joking

Thanks for the info, I am going to join as an 0311. I still have a couple of questions about the MOS if you wouldnt mind.

Are you allowed to go to any base? or are there bases that infantry cant live at?

Do you have any regrets about your job as an 0311? like you wish you would have chosen something else?

I also have thought about trying to be selected for BRC, what kind of preperation do i need to do for that?

Thank you for your time and efforts.

You will go to whatever base they send you to. You will either be at Lejeune in NC, Pendelton in California, and you could get sent to Okinawa or Hawaii.

Everyday as a grunt is hard and you take on jobs from a million other MOS's. You are the jack of all trades. Days suck, the work is hard, but I don't regret my decision for anything. You get ****ty equipment for a ****ty job and have to accomplish it with minimal time and maximum effort. Be prepared to give all you have all the time.

sounds like my kind of job.

Do you get the Off Base Housing option in this MOS? or would you recommend living in the barracks?

You wont really get a choice unless you are married. You should just live in the barracks

Marine Free Member darkgreen0311's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Images

Darkgreen 0311

I don't think grunt training has changed very much some days we went on working parties other days we cleaned our weapons. Other days we would have classes on topics such as nbc. We spent alot time in the field and we ran pt pretty much every day and we had alot of battalion humps. You will receive good training such as urban training, water survival, jungle training, and cold weather. Some days we had field days and inspections of the barracks and our field gear You will get good training never a dull moment.

SEMPER FI 4 LIFE
    YOURS IS NOT TO QUESTION WHY BUT TO DO OR DIE!!!

Thread Information