Any 3rd aav bn trackers out there? - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

i was in charlie company 1980-82 then the rock

anyone from unit

what company

i was in 1st platoon ssgt duncan was my plt sgt cpt merrit was our co then 4 th platoon. then rotated alpha company at scwab

i know colvin we where in school at same time he was in charlie company curry was my crew cheif did you know j richards and morris and got promoted to cpl at same time with shaw and bunch of others

I served in 3rd AMTRACS, 5th AMTRACS, 3rd AAV BN, Schools Bn instructor, LVT R-1 recovery crew chief, give me a shout.

Don Scoby

Marine Forever

We were one of the first classes at Camp Del Mar to test the LVTP-7, they were called back then- 1972.

I was out there from 84-86 as a 2142...Gunny Hurtt was our Ramp Chief, 1stSgt Mayfield was Co. 1stSgt. and Capt Corcoran was our CO.

Quote Originally Posted by edwardo4561 View Post
    I was 3rd aavs k-bay 84-88 2nd plt. Cpl.Allen E.L. yat yas!!! devil dogs! any one from then drop a line edwardo4561@aol.com

I remember the CG and IG inspections. I received a Noteworthy and an accommodation. I was a 2142 and remember Gunny Pittman very well. I was there from 84-86. Capt. Corcoran was CO.

Quote Originally Posted by edwardo4561 View Post
    I was with 2nd . plt.3rd aav's det co. alpha. kanohe bay hi. 84-88. Not to brag but we had two plt. det. to hi. and we still hold the record for most letters of commadations ever aquired inn a commanding gen. inspection. 1st. got 16 - 2nd got 18. total of 34 the most that had ever been giving to any one unit at the time was 2.

yat yaz. thanx. gunny pittmen

was there from Apr 84 thru Aug. 86 as a 2142. Made the mistake of letting 1st Sgt Mayfield know I could type and they took me off the ramp and moved me into the admin office.

Quote Originally Posted by Monte3rdaav View Post
    A CO 3RD AAV. Been a long time since i've seen or talked to anyone from the battalion. Give me a shout. 1982to1986.

I joined the Corps in Dec 1967 after schools Bn 21 Area Delmar I was assigned with Charllie Co 5th Tracks. These were the LVTP5. I was still 17 then . When I was 18 I deployed after staging Bn to Quang Tri Combat BAse Viet Nam and got sent to TANKS!!! I didnt know anything about a Tank, but picked up Lance, and then being sent to Secuirty Platoon hig h tpatrol and ambushes and some rat patrol on hwy 1. Then after Nam I w ent to B Co 3rd Tracks Camp Hansen Okinawa a short time cause I made Corporal and got sent to Camp Schwab Area Guard until November 1969 where I then went on BLT2/9 withj A Co 3rd Tracks and aback to Viet Nam 4 More times.
    Thanks for the Photos to look at, brought back alot of memories, Oh question when u cleared the jette did you have beach rescue backing u up before u went in the jette.lol

Thanks
    Reg Ford Corporal USMC 1967-1973
    AKA Kink

Thread Information