Best time to Enlist?
Create Post

Best time to Enlist?

Hello Marines, i was wondering if there was a good time to enlist in the year, like during the summer right after i graduate during the summer, or during the winter months?

My parents hate the idea of me becoming a Marine, so i wont be able to join the DEP because they wont sign, so i do have to wait until i turn 18 (May 15 2009)

Thank you for your time a sacrifice

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wannabeusmc2
    Hello Marines, i was wondering if there was a good time to enlist in the year, like during the summer right after i graduate during the summer, or during the winter months?

My parents hate the idea of me becoming a Marine, so i wont be able to join the DEP because they wont sign, so i do have to wait until i turn 18 (May 15 2009)

Thank you for your time a sacrifice
    Let me see...............hummmmmm..................... I would say you should enlist on May 15, 2009! Nothing like a summer vacation on Parris Island!

Dave

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Summer in South Carolina! Helmand Province or Al Anbar will be hotter, but just not as much humidity.

15 May 2009. A good Recruiter can have you on the Yellow Footprints by 17 May. Just be ready!

i'm ready and waiting, if it were up to me i would enlist and be gone this summer.

Davblay, i believe i will going to San Diego for my Training. I live on the West side of the Mississippi

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    i'm ready and waiting, if it were up to me i would enlist and be gone this summer.

Davblay, i believe i will going to San Diego for my Training. I live on the West side of the Mississippi
    Oh. sorry kid, you would have loved Parris Island in the spring and Summer!

Dave

I would go in the cooler months..... But nothing like fun in the sun and sand ..... Sand stick to sweaty recruits....

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Oh I went to San Diego in 1969...........I live in Tennessee, the whole platoon was from east of the Mississippi! So it ain't etched in stone as to where you will go my friend! The needs of the Corps and all! LMAO!

Dave

You'll get the full experience, no matter when you go. I went in the winter and had a tiny platoon. The only real difference was that we had to stand fire watch just about every night.

winter months (not sure exactly) you usually get an extra grand for signing on during the "off season", but personally I would pay a grand not to go to parris island in the winter it gets pretty cold surprisingly.

Thanks for the advice, you've helped me alot with my future choices.

Thread Information