It's not fair....!!!!!!!!!
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 23
  1. #1

    It's not fair....!!!!!!!!!

    Tell me this, how can someone get a waiver that is legally deaf in one ear, yet I have only partial hearing loss in one hear and I get denied? How can a person join the Marines only because he is trying to escape a jail sentence and or fines and erase his criminal history? How can we be short on troops and they still deny me? They will waiver someone with an asvab score of 27 and a criminal history and still deny me!!??? I've been writing my senators and talking to everybody I can. Why do I feel so let down and stomped on by the very thing I look up to? All I can say is that they have no choice but to eventually let me in or arrest me. Everytime I get turned down I call back. I even scout for recruits for the recruiters. I believe this is an injustice to me and my country....


  2. #2
    Squad Leader Free Member Big Jim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Marysville
    Posts
    1,895
    Credits
    10,614
    Savings
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Alantra
    Tell me this, how can someone get a waiver that is legally deaf in one ear, yet I have only partial hearing loss in one hear and I get denied? How can a person join the Marines only because he is trying to escape a jail sentence and or fines and erase his criminal history? How can we be short on troops and they still deny me? They will waiver someone with an asvab score of 27 and a criminal history and still deny me!!??? I've been writing my senators and talking to everybody I can. Why do I feel so let down and stomped on by the very thing I look up to? All I can say is that they have no choice but to eventually let me in or arrest me. Everytime I get turned down I call back. I even scout for recruits for the recruiters. I believe this is an injustice to me and my country....
    Wait a minute...calm down...EVERY enlistment goes through the same screening process. Don't worry about what or why others are going through and instead, worry about whats happening with you. There's obviously something, more than you know, stopping you from getting approved for enlistment. Ask why and to have it explained to you exactly whats stopping you from going through and how you can either fix it or what channels you need to go through to get a waiver for it. They'll tell you. If its a high frequency hearing loss, I know thats difficult to get a waiver for because you need that hearing to function in some environments in the Marine Corps. Stop being the victim and take charge of your future!! Good luck!


  3. #3
    I am taking charge. What's the difference if it's a high frequency hearing loss if the other person is Legally deaf in one ear. My other is ear is perfect. I have asked why and all I get is the I don't know answer. They told me to write my senators well I have written every one of them. I am getting multiple opinions from other doctors. I just know that my senators will get dozens of mail from me until something is done.


  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Alantra
    Tell me this, how can someone get a waiver that is legally deaf in one ear, yet I have only partial hearing loss in one hear and I get denied? How can a person join the Marines only because he is trying to escape a jail sentence and or fines and erase his criminal history? How can we be short on troops and they still deny me? They will waiver someone with an asvab score of 27 and a criminal history and still deny me!!??? I've been writing my senators and talking to everybody I can. Why do I feel so let down and stomped on by the very thing I look up to? All I can say is that they have no choice but to eventually let me in or arrest me. Everytime I get turned down I call back. I even scout for recruits for the recruiters. I believe this is an injustice to me and my country....
    The first question I have for you is how do you know these things to be true? Please provide ABSOLUTE proof of your statements (IE: Documentation). Hearsay is NOT ACCEPTABLE.

    Secondly, if you are this much of a whiner, maybe the Corps just isn't for you...


  5. #5
    Unless the recruiting deleted names are liars, then that's all the hearsay I need. Besides the 2 recruits I pt'ed with have a criminal history and one failed the asvad because I was with him.

    Last edited by thedrifter; 04-11-08 at 01:34 PM.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Camper51
    Secondly, if you are this much of a whiner, maybe the Corps just isn't for you...
    It's not whining it's the resentment I feel. It's asking why this happened...


  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Alantra
    It's not whining it's the resentment I feel. It's asking why this happened...
    You're whining. Crying on a Marine forum will get you no symphaty, I can promise you that. I don't know why things are, it's just the way they are.


  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Alantra
    Tell me this, how can someone get a waiver that is legally deaf in one ear, yet I have only partial hearing loss in one hear and I get denied? How can a person join the Marines only because he is trying to escape a jail sentence and or fines and erase his criminal history? How can we be short on troops and they still deny me? They will waiver someone with an asvab score of 27 and a criminal history and still deny me!!??? I've been writing my senators and talking to everybody I can. Why do I feel so let down and stomped on by the very thing I look up to? All I can say is that they have no choice but to eventually let me in or arrest me. Everytime I get turned down I call back. I even scout for recruits for the recruiters. I believe this is an injustice to me and my country....
    Qwichyabichin.

    Write to your congressman and the senators, but don't whine like you're doing right here.
    Every case is different, that's why there is a waiver process. There actually is NO SUCH THING as legally deaf. Whatever hearing loss that person had was acceptable and apparently on first glance, yours is not.

    Marines don't whine about things not getting done. We get them done, or we destroy it, and conceal the evidence.


  9. #9
    Squad Leader Free Member Big Jim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Marysville
    Posts
    1,895
    Credits
    10,614
    Savings
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Alantra
    I am taking charge. What's the difference if it's a high frequency hearing loss if the other person is Legally deaf in one ear. My other is ear is perfect. I have asked why and all I get is the I don't know answer. They told me to write my senators well I have written every one of them. I am getting multiple opinions from other doctors. I just know that my senators will get dozens of mail from me until something is done.
    I can't tell you're taking charge of anything but that stinkin hole under your nose!! Nobody here knows why you're not getting approved to join our beloved Corps...but believe this...there is a reason! And that reason is YOUR responsibilty to find out and understand it...nobody elses...YOURS!! So, although asking that question and outwardly showing your disdain for not being allowed to enlist to a bunch of Marine Corps veterans and poolies and wannabe's may be acceptable to you...nobody here will know YOUR situation!!! Understand?!?! Its your medical information that, due to law, is kept confidential!!! Nobody but you is allowed to know why!! Thats why I said take charge and don't take, "I don't know" for an answer! Don't come on here and think you're gonna display your rejection and get ANY sympathy!! Quite the opposite. You need to get yourself together and make this a success story and then you'll be praised and congradulated like you accomplished something! But right now...I, along with alot of other Marines here, could care less about how upset you are!!!


  10. #10
    Marine Free Member sparkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The Kingdom of Nye
    Posts
    8,069
    Credits
    7,382
    Savings
    0
    Images
    3
    I can't feel too sorry, It won't ruin my weekend. To bad you are having a hard time, but 'Overcome' . you aint applying for a job at Walmart. You want it? Get it. [ Walmart has rose gardens].


  11. #11
    It's not fair....!!!!!!!!! Cowhands never holler Whoa in a tight spot, in fact sure nuff 'real' hands rarely use the word whoa unless their smokin and jokin or tellin a story. USMC Recruits quickly learn to extract the word 'fair from their vocabulary and Marines only use that word pertaining to: weather, health, county, food and drink, fishing conditions or my fair lady. Control yourself.


  12. #12
    Marine Free Member davblay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Sparta, Tn
    Posts
    3,295
    Credits
    9,588
    Savings
    0
    Images
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by Alantra
    Tell me this, how can someone get a waiver that is legally deaf in one ear, yet I have only partial hearing loss in one hear and I get denied? How can a person join the Marines only because he is trying to escape a jail sentence and or fines and erase his criminal history? How can we be short on troops and they still deny me? They will waiver someone with an asvab score of 27 and a criminal history and still deny me!!??? I've been writing my senators and talking to everybody I can. Why do I feel so let down and stomped on by the very thing I look up to? All I can say is that they have no choice but to eventually let me in or arrest me. Everytime I get turned down I call back. I even scout for recruits for the recruiters. I believe this is an injustice to me and my country....
    Now that you see what kind of reception you get from Marines, tell me this, was this guy (legally Deaf in one ear) enlisting in the Marine Corps? Is your hearing loss in the high, med or low frequency? Some jobs require different hearing levels! Another thing you may, or may not, know is that certain MOSs require a higher GT score or other line score combination to qualify for enlistment. You may not qualify for anything the Corps had based on, 1) your hearing loss, 2) your ASVAB (line) scores, 3) available jobs, open, that you MIGHT qualify for with a waiver.

    Maybe you just refuse to understand the real reasons they are explaining to you. Sometimes we tend to listen to people that are the real EXPERTS and not the ones that know the regulations of enlistment! It's kind of like when you are driving and get pulled over, you have a friend with you, the officer gets ill with you and gives you a ticket. When you drive away your friend says, "I would have told that SOB such and such, if it had been me". Make sense?

    Relax, talk to your recruiter, forget what you have heard and ask the recruiter for his advise, instead of telling him what you are going to do!

    Hope his helps,

    Dave


  13. #13

  14. #14
    Outlaw, that's awesome.

    As for you Alantra, what kind of response were you hoping to get from your post??? We're here on our own free time to provide advice, not assistance. We do what we can here to help...if you make it and become a Marine then great. If not, then it's no skin off our backs. Maybe the Marine Corps just wasn't meant for you. Stop comparing yourself to other people that have enlisted...Nobody cares. Honestly if your hearing is a liability then I don't want you anywhere near me. I trust that MEPS takes into careful consideration who they let in and who they do not. They know what they're doing.


  15. #15
    Life isn't fair. If it were it would be pretty boring.

    I am a little confused though. Why did you come here and talk about someone being "legally deaf" when there is no such thing? Why did you say that someone's criminal record can be erased? Once you have a record it is with you for life. If you don't believe me, go get arrested, get it expunged, and then apply for a top secret clearance.

    We have had several people come to this forum with hearing problems that were keeping them out of the Marine Corps. Some of them were able to overcome the issue, others were not. However, those that came here in a professional and polite manner were given more help than you could imagine. However, you will not be getting that help. Your whining just makes me thankful that you will not be a Marine.


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not Create Posts
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts