Referrals
Create Post

Thread: Referrals

Referrals

Ok, so far i've gotten 1 referral in the DEP and on the 26 of April we are having some sort of awards ceremony out in Calabasas, Ca and the Major(I believe is his Rank) down at MEPS is going to be the guest of honor and in our whole area we've only got 1 Poolee that is going to be meritoriously promoted to PFC since he has gotten 2 referrals in our whole district whom is going to get pinned on the 26 by the Major for having 2 referrals, Well i'm closest to him with only 1 and my Recruiter really wants me to get 1 more referral so i can be awarded also, but i need it before the 26, i hope it can happen. So my question is, What is the best why to get someone to join the Marine Corps, every person i talk to who is interested are Juniors, it seems i can't get any Senoirs to at least have a meeting with my Recruiter? Any advice?
    Thanks
    Poolee Cruz

Quote Originally Posted by ExplicitReality
    Ok, so far i've gotten 1 referral in the DEP and on the 26 of April we are having some sort of awards ceremony out in Calabasas, Ca and the Major(I believe is his Rank) down at MEPS is going to be the guest of honor and in our whole area we've only got 1 Poolee that is going to be meritoriously promoted to PFC since he has gotten 2 referrals in our whole district whom is going to get pinned on the 26 by the Major for having 2 referrals, Well i'm closest to him with only 1 and my Recruiter really wants me to get 1 more referral so i can be awarded also, but i need it before the 26, i hope it can happen. So my question is, What is the best why to get someone to join the Marine Corps, every person i talk to who is interested are Juniors, it seems i can't get any Senoirs to at least have a meeting with my Recruiter? Any advice?
    Thanks
    Poolee Cruz

Honestly, its not something you can rush for some people. In my opinion, refferals are luck. Someone has to be willing to do something that will affect the rest of their life. Getting people to change their mind and do that in a short amount of time is pretty hard.

My advice would be to remain persistant, but not annoying. See if you can get panphlets from your recruiter that you can pass out at your school, along with your recruiters business cards. Make sure you write on them/tell people to use you as a reference, obviously. If people ask you questions, answer them to the best of your ability, or tell them you (or they) can call your recruiter to find out the answer to them.

-CPL Maines

I also have a question about referrals? How much are they worth towards your composite score?

I think it's 25 points.

Fill out your profile.

Quote Originally Posted by ExplicitReality View Post
    it seems i can't get any Senoirs to at least have a meeting with my Recruiter? Any advice?
    Thanks
    Poolee Cruz
    Just go up to some seniors and be like "hey mother ****ers. Why don't you guys come on down to the station and just sit down and talk with the recruiter for atleast 30 minutes. Don't like what you hear, then get up and leave. If it sounds good then why not stay a little longer and find out more and see if it interest you"

Or you can try a little more direct approach and say "don't be a *****. just sit and listen for a bit"

Hey buddy I am glad you have great enthusiasm for trying to help the cause and get yourself rewarded.

The best way to bring it up to your friends is to talk about their future plans...if they seriously can see themselves in 4 years of college, or not really doing anything. All you gota do is mention it to them. Have you ever though about being in the military? See what they say. If they are kinda like 'maybe'...then jot down their name and number and give it to your recruiter. It's about helping the recruiter out.

If they are like maybe, the recruiter can take it from there.

Help the recruiter by handing out his business cards. Wear Marine Corps gear to school and help expose it. Lanyards, Keychains, Waterbottles, Stickers on your locker or backpack etc;

-Sgt Andreas
    Recruiter

Thread Information