Boot Schedule
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boot Schedule

Boot Schedule

Would someone mind telling me about the boot camp schedule, I cant seem to find it.... Specifically, I'd like to know what time recruits wake and go to sleep, just to get into the schedule beforehand. Thanks a lot.

Respectfully,
    A. West

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I found this on Wikipedia so I can't confirm on how accurate this info is.
    5:00AMWake-upWake up and perform personal morning tasks. For males, shaving is mandatory every morning.
    5:10AMFall-inLine up in company area, perform morning physical training (calisthenics and running).
    6:30AMMorning chow
    8:30AMTrainingBegin the day's scheduled training exercises.
    12:00PMNoon chow
    1:00PMTrainingContinue the day's scheduled training exercises.
    5:00PMEvening chow
    6:00PMDrill instructor timeTime for drill instructors to talk to the recruits about any subject they may think requires attention.
    Mail call is also performed during this time.
    8:30PMPersonal timeTime for recruits to engage in personal activities, such as writing letters, working out, doing laundry, or shaving.
    Recruits may also catch up on platoon duties during this time, such as barracks cleaning or boot shining.
    9:30PMLights-outTime for recruits to sleep.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Thanks for posting that, Hoplite.

yea thanks a lot. much appreciated!

Not sure how accurate that is. When I was in, reveille was at 0530 during the training cycle. 8 hours of sleep exactly.

Now its 0400, with lights at 2000.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Not sure if things are different now but I had no clue what time it was throughout a training day. The only time you ever had any idea what time it was was during fire watch. We carried a watch and passed it from firewatch to firewatch. You marked the hour and every recruit banged on the duty hatch and said sir the time on deck is 0100 hours. "Carry on!!!"

When the lights came on it was morning. March to chow. 15 minutes later drill or pt till you're ready to shoot your own feet off. Noon chow. 15 minutes later classes; personal hygeine, history, weapon assembly and disassembly, first aid etc. (stay awake). Evening chow. Drill until you want to puke then more pt. .... must be about time for rack ops. Hygeine time, square away time, evening inspection. You have no freaking clue what time it is throughout the day until you are handed the watch for fire watch... watch the watch LOL. Usually the guide or house mouse has the last watch so even at revellie you have no idea what time it is. Then the next day is groundhog day all over again.

Exactly Sgt. Quinn. You will have no idea what time it is during the day. You will feel it in your bones that it is almost chow time or whatever, but nothing in recruit training is set in stone. You might have training time, or whatever, but due to weather and **** you will be forced to do something else and anything can change chow time...if the DI's wanna kill you they will and you will be last to chow and have little time. Screw the schedules and just know that you get up early, give 110%, and go to bed...simple as that.

Is it true your only PT every other day? Doesn't seem likely!

You'll be lucky to PT TWICE a week...you will not get as much PT as you want in boot, but everyday will be a workout...believe me.

Well when I was there in Nov of 07 we would go to sleep at around 8 or 9 then wake up at either 4 or 5 am. Depends somedays they would be generous to give us an extra hour of sleep I think it was either on Sundays or holidays but dont really remember. You dont have to worry about falling into a sleeping scheldue each day will wear you out and as soon as you finally allowed to lay down (which should usually be the only time you ever lay down) you will probably shoot the **** with your fellow recruits for a little before you pass out. Some people fall asleep quick but a lot of the recruits would like to talk and make fun of what happened that day (helps dealing with the stress also builds up the brotherhood). That would usually happen for about 30min to say an hour at most after lights out, then everyone would magically be snoring or shouting "Aye Sir!" or something lol. As your days go, live each day chow by chow and each week sunday by sunday. Some days will be long but you'll learn the scheldue quick. What you should be preparing yourself for is the cold showers lmao. Those sucked big time. I read constant topics about how to prepare physically, trying having 5 minutes ( which in reality is less lmao) to shower in freezing cold water. Hot water is a luxury if you get it lol. So start taking cold showers now my friend

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Ok I thought I had seen it all. Now we have a "Marine Friend" telling poolees what bootcamp is like. Sam331 you are completely wrong on nearly every statement you made. You need to tell your imaginary friend about boot camp and leave it to the Marines to tell about what it is really like.

When you are told to sleep you will sleep. When you are told to wake up...you will. Your schedule will be whatever you are told to do, when you're told to do it. It's really quite simple. Not a thing you can do to prepare yourself for the day to day lifestyle that you will have in boot camp.

Nothing is "By the book" in boot camp, am I correct?

Thread Information