Questions For the DOC....
Create Post

Questions For the DOC....

I feel like I'm being treated unfairly. For the past 4 months I've been trying to join the marines. My only problem is that I have some hearing loss in my right ear. My first application for a waiver sent me to a civilian doctor and the second application failed me. I can understand this in a time when we are at peace. But to deny me and my country at a time of war, yet my recruiters boss and a Major has told me they have granted waivers to others that are legally deaf in one ear. I am infuriated by the fact that I am thrown into a game of luck of the draw. "Draw" refering to the doctor that I got as apposed to the other recruit who gets lucky. Worse yet thinking that the other recruit that got "lucky" is legally deaf in one ear yet had the same doctor. Am I just a number pulled from a box that happened to get rejected. Everywhere I read is that our infantry is running thing and our troops are exhausted. I mean no disrespect but I am furious over the matter. I feel like I'm am being treated unfairly. I want to fight for my country but I'm not allowed. Yet they allow others a wash on their criminal record if they join the military. Please give me a reason as to why this is happening?

Alantra, when I joined back in 97' I had to get a med wavier due to hearing loss in my left ear, it took about 5-6 months to have this pushed through, I also had a civilian test my hearing at the Beltone hearing aid shop and actually got a better test there than at MEPS,this is because the test booth seemed to be better insulated againsted outside noise, I took those readings to my recruiter and he sent them in with my wavier submission and 5-6 months later I was headed to boot, then there was never an issue about my hearing again. I don't know if you can do this again but you might ask you recruiter if it is possible and when your in the duck blind or out shooting use hearing protection, that was my deal to dumb to use ear plugs.

Doc Mullins out.

I've already seen a civilian doctor and I test the same every time. Regardless why not allow me in the marines but let another that is legally deaf in one ear. Why not me but let others with a lengthy criminal record in as a free pass to wipe the slate clean as apposed to jail. I realize I have alot going for me right now without the Marines but its something that is burning inside of me AND I WILL NOT LET IT GO, until I become a MARINE. I will not leave my senators alone nor will I give up until they have no other choice but to let me in.

Thread Information