Sniper
Create Post

Thread: Sniper

Sniper

I am a poolee in Texarkana Texas and every since i was little i wanted to be a sniper. I became a poolee in June 2007 and I ship June 16 2008. How would be the best way for me to go about making my dream of becoming a Marine Sniper? What should i do after boot camp? before? or even during?

Quote Originally Posted by Guide Arrington
    I am a poolee in Texarkana Texas and every since i was little i wanted to be a sniper. I became a poolee in June 2007 and I ship June 16 2008. How would be the best way for me to go about making my dream of becoming a Marine Sniper? What should i do after boot camp? before? or even during?
    First off, start running your little butt off. Scout Snipers do more running than you could ever imagine, especially in sniper school. You'll literally be running everywhere. Just think of it as a second boot camp almost. You NEED to have a first class PFT.

Obviously, you're gonna want to sign up as an 03xx...when you start your training in SOI, theres going to be a point where you can pick what infantry MOS you would like to do, such as 0311 (Rifleman), 0331 (Machinegunner), 0341 (Mortarman), 0351 (Assaultman), 0352 (TOW/Javelin Gunner).

Your best bet is to go with 0311. You'll learn more knowledge that you can utilize in Sniper School (considering you make it there). But Im not saying its impossible to make it in sniper school as any of the other MOSs, they'd just prefer that you went 0311.

And if you miss your opportunity while in SOI to try out of the Sniper platoon, dont get discouraged. While you're in the fleet, they usually run annual indoc's for the platoon, so you'll have another chance to join.

Just PT PT PT, cut that run-time down, and it wouldnt hurt to study up on some history about the Snipers....the more you know, the more you're ahead of everyone else

-CPL Maines

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Cool Set A Super Goal-4-yourself!!!!

BE THE HIGH-SHOOTER IN YOU'RE BN.OR THE WHOLE BASE DURING BOOT,THAT SHOULD DRAW A LITTLE ATTENTION YOU'RE WAY;FOR STARTERS

Snipers are resourceful. They know how to use a Search tool.

Thread Information