New Ship date. New Mos
Create Post

New Ship date. New Mos

Okay so my shipdate is Monday but i have a major problem with my MoS. So the Marines Corps has changed my MoS from Infantry which is one of the only jobs i told them i wanted . My recruiter told me from every week til yesterday i will get infantry, even signed the contract for it. I mean no offense but i feel like my Recruiter is pulling some Bs on me so that way i will join a job that the Marine Corps needs and not what i want. I mean i have so much respect for the Marine Corps but i feel like im being screwed to something i really dont want to do. So the MoS they are trying to give me is Motor Transportation. I told my Recruiter i wanted to be a Marine more than anything in this world and i feel like he has lied to me. I mean this seems stupid but this is the next 4 years of my life and i want to be able to have the job that i want. I mean the only two jobs i wanted for the Marines were/are Combat Engineer and Infantry and they are telling me that both those spots are taken. Im not complaining i mean i understand why they would do this but I have been dreaming for many years of being a Marine Infantryman not Motor Transportation. So if anyone who has/had Motor Transportation can tell me what you usually do on a day to day basis in the Marines that would be appreciated.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Contact jinelson, I think he has experience in that field.

Dave

Dont get to discouraged. Same thing happened to me. I wanted to be a radio operator and ended up an electrician. Motor T is not a bad MOS. as a boot, you will do everything from driving, preventive maintenance, maybe some type of defensive driving training, and basically be responsible for the overall upkeep of your vehicle. The good thing about Motor T is that everyone needs them. There is not one unit in the Marine Corps that doesnt need motor T. You can still end up in an infantry battalion, or Anglico, Recon, an engineer battalion, whereever. Just keep your nose clean and do a good job at MOS school. Sometimes the monitors come to the school house and ask students where they want to be stationed. Should this happen in your case, take full advantage of it. I was ****ed that they changed my MOS, but in the long run, I made lasting friendships and did what the Corps asked of me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan1234
    Okay so my shipdate is Monday but i have a major problem with my MoS. So the Marines Corps has changed my MoS from Infantry which is one of the only jobs i told them i wanted . My recruiter told me from every week til yesterday i will get infantry, even signed the contract for it. I mean no offense but i feel like my Recruiter is pulling some Bs on me so that way i will join a job that the Marine Corps needs and not what i want. I mean i have so much respect for the Marine Corps but i feel like im being screwed to something i really dont want to do. So the MoS they are trying to give me is Motor Transportation. I told my Recruiter i wanted to be a Marine more than anything in this world and i feel like he has lied to me. I mean this seems stupid but this is the next 4 years of my life and i want to be able to have the job that i want. I mean the only two jobs i wanted for the Marines were/are Combat Engineer and Infantry and they are telling me that both those spots are taken. Im not complaining i mean i understand why they would do this but I have been dreaming for many years of being a Marine Infantryman not Motor Transportation. So if anyone who has/had Motor Transportation can tell me what you usually do on a day to day basis in the Marines that would be appreciated.

Look at it this way...with todays modern warfare, Motor T guys are getting almost as much action as the grunts! If I had to choose what kind of vehicle I'd run over a mine in, I'd pick the 7-Ton truck over the Humvee any day!

No, but seriously, another reason to not be so discouraged is that you'll actually have some kind of job skills for when (if you decide to) you get out of the Corps.

Either that, your you might be able to lat-move in 2 years over as a grunt...or just re-enlist as one.

But honestly, you shouldnt have sworn in unless you were 100% sure of the job you were getting. If they said infantry was "closed out" when you wanted to sign up for it, you should have told them you'll wait until it opens back up!

-CPL Maines

If you were ready to ship as 03xx this whole time, you should insist on getting what you signed up for. You do not have to ship if they are not giving you what they promised. Hold out for the MOS. You'll be amazed at what they can do if you tell them you won't ship because the Recruiter wasn't keeping a promise.

Quote Originally Posted by rvillac2
    If you were ready to ship as 03xx this whole time, you should insist on getting what you signed up for. You do not have to ship if they are not giving you what they promised. Hold out for the MOS. You'll be amazed at what they can do if you tell them you won't ship because the Recruiter wasn't keeping a promise.
    Yeah thats what my Brother in Law told me. He said to just stand my guard and tell them that im not shipping until i get the job that i want. Especially since i already signed the 03XX contract.

Thread Information