Are all Marines equal? - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Credits
    Savings
    Semper Fi brother
    Say again on the fighting position anytime.

Where was your friend when you signed up? Not with you obviously.

It's not what we have in this life, but what we do with what we've been given. Not everyone can be on the front lines, but everyone is needed to ensure the success of the most efficient, professional and effective fighting machine in the world. It takes clerks, cooks, admin, armorers, trainers, deck buffers and rock painters to make the wheels go round brother, and though we may not be able to claim the honor of those fearless ones who brave the front line fire, the Marine Corps strength is in knowing that they have trained everyone of us to heed that call, if necessary. From the bootest private to the loftiest General, each Marine is First to Fight! It is why Marines are feared, honored, respected and d. Even the crustiest old sea dog in your friendly neighborhood VFW would don his gear and be on line and ready to give his/her all if requested.
    You don't get that training in a University, out of an on line or audio course, from a motivational speaker, or any other civilian leadership marketing strategy. It comes from the human pursuit of Liberty at all costs, and from the age old time proven training, tactics and tradition that make up the US Marine. You are one of those who made it through, who chose the indoctrination, who rose to the call.
    And your friend is a jack ass.

scare the sh!t out of him. Do the Corp thing.Give a recruiter a call with his name and address,plus phone number. I'm sure since he does'nt know what a real Marine looks like,maybe he"ll join for himself.......

bootlace15 out

others dont understand

Others dont understand so dont severe your friendship. You are too good for that. Remember what The Honorable Mr. Reagan said; something like - forgive but dont ever forget.

Twitchell hit a chord. Lots of people percieve that I am a Marine by what they see, even if they dont see my stickers, patches and tattooes, etc...

I enlisted in the Marines in 1984 because my Uncle was a Marine. He inlisted back in the early 1970s. After bootcamp I went to California and saw cousins that were still in school at the time. I told them about the Marines and the pride you have when you finally earn the EGA. Well thats been 24 years ago and as of this day we have had 4 family members join the Marines. Of the 4 only one has ever had to go to war. He is a piolt and flys the herrior. He has served 3 tours. He is back now and our family is able to get together quite often. When we are together all of our Marines tell stories of there inlistments. No one looks down on the others because they were not called to war but we all support the one who was and are thankful he came home. One thing I've learned sence I got out is stand proud you are a Marine and not everyone can say that

Quote Originally Posted by Blackheart1
    I was at a party with my best friend (whom has never served) this weekend. I was extremely offended by the coment. When pressing him...
    What happens when you 'press' people? and at a party, probably drinking?...they speak their mind. And when its a friend, a best friend and you get your feelers hurt maybe you should not have asked or been better prepared for his answer, or just take it.
    Should I sever the relationship with my friend?
    Sure go ahead and hunt for another "best friend" theres one at every party

--->Dave

Slinger,

There were 2 Viet Nam Marines at the party (kid's b-day). My friend leaned over and said those are real marines, not like these marines of the '80's & 90's. My pressing was "What does that mean". I felt was a legitimate question.

Slinger,

There were 2 Viet Nam Marines at the party (kid's b-day). My friend leaned over and said those are real marines, not like these marines of the '80's & 90's. My pressing was "What does that mean". I felt was a legitimate question.
    I would have gone after him, sorry but he deserved to be tackled, punched a made a scene. LOL not really, I would take him to the bathroom and kick him in the balls, then smash his face in the toilet. Who is he?

My props go out to anyone that served when bullets were flying, they are my hero's. Some wanted to, some did not. But some piece of crap civilian, screw him.

Well, if he feels you are also his best friend, he's probably wishing he could extract that statement. If no remorse then he probably doesn't respect you or is unsatisfied with himself. Whats done is done. I respect my best friends. I've had 3

--->Dave

I would not worry about how he feels toward you. You served your time in the Marine Corps whether it was during combat or not.I served six years in the Corps during Vietnam and the closest I got to Vietnam was in Okinawa doing my job in supply in support of the troops who were going and coming with The Fourth Marines and also with The Ninth Marines. Just because I didn't see combat doesn't make me less of a Marine for we are all in this together for without one the other cannot function no matter what their job is.

Thanks for the advice slinger. I appreciate it.

I appreciate everyone's input. It definitely has reminded me of the brotherhood I should have never doubted.

I was in between Korea and Vietnam and for over fifty years now I have never had any combat Marine including the Gulf war veterans, who did not treat me like a brother, as for a civilian who gives a sxxt what they think.and in my most humble opinion that is what is meant as United States Marine Corp Brotherhood forever this life and the next.Semper Fi

Slinger,

What aload of dung.
    1. No Marine ever knows if they will go to combat or not--hell, we never know if there will even be a war while we are in the Marine Corps. It's blind dumb luck/fate/whatever, but there have to be Marines ready to go no matter what. 80's-90s? As far as I remember, there was still plenty of friction going on in the world those 2 decades. and it coulda turned out a lot rougher than it was. I doubt most Marines in the late 40s had a clue the Marine Corps would be fighting it's butt off in Korea in 1950--but they stood ready to do whatever popped up. And they damned sure did--just as Marines always do.

2. Those peices of paper you get--with your name. service # and rank on them--telling you where to show up next? They're orders--same as mine. Same as everyones. We don't get to pick and choose--Uncle Sam and HQMC picks and chooses for us. They send us where they need us--not where we want to go.

3. For every man/women actually in combat, there are probably 100 more not in combat--doing their jobs, so those in combat can survive--win--come home--get medical treatment--get paid--have ammo--rations-etc. The ones in combat cannot cannot cannot cannot do their job without the 100s not in combat--period!!

4. We all joke and jive about remfs and crap like that--but in reality, anyone not 'boots on the ground' is more or less a remf. The job #1 for everyone in the Corps is to support those grunts. Arty-aviation-supply-intel, you name it--stateside, 'in-country-where ever, we all support the grunts. We may 'help' them win battles, but in the end, it's Rifles--Always Rifles.

You did your job Marine. That's all anyone could ever ask of you--or expect of you.

You're a Marine, period. A non Marine saying that to you makes it even more of a non issue. You may not be a combat Marine, (a lot of us fit that bill), but we are all Marines none the less.

I'm a reservist, I hear that stuff quite often. I just tell them I went through the same Parris Island and I'm going to the same Afghanistan.

Thread Information