For my fellow Mixed Martial Arts (UFC) Fans
Create Post

For my fellow Mixed Martial Arts (UFC) Fans

For those of you who love MMA as much as I do, here is one man to keep your eyes on:

1st LT Brian Stann, USMC

I had the pleasure of being an enlisted Marine under his command in Iraq, and now I enjoy watching him beat the crap out of his opponents in the cage.

LT Stann is one of the most knowledgeable, inspirational, and dedicated Marines I've ever worked with. He won the Silver Star during a combat operation I served with him in. To my suprise, they actually aired a segment on the History channel about that battle on the show "Shootout!" The episode was called "Iraq's Most Wanted: Terror at the Border"

LT Stann is still an Active Duty Marine, but he still finds time to fight on the Nationally Televised "World Extreme Cagefighting" on the Versus Channel. He recently won the Light Heavyweight Championship title in his 6th professional fight against a man who has held that title since 2005. He's currently undefeated, with a record of 6-0, and none of his fights have ever gone past the 1st round. He set the WEC Record for fastest knockout at :16 seconds.

This, my fellow Marines, is something to be proud about. He is representing our Corps, and is doing so in one of the fastest growing sports in the world.

Keep an eye on him, he'll be kicking more ass in the future!

To read up on him, visit http://www.brianstann.com

Semper Fi
    -CPL Maines

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I saw the replay of his title fight against Doug Marshall and all I can say is Wow! Talk about knock out power! He was getting rocked by Marshall and one left hook connected and BAM, knockout! He definately has good hands, and a solid chin...I wonder about his ground game though. I'm sure we'll be seeing more of him with the title defences to come!

-Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine1331
    I saw the replay of his title fight against Doug Marshall and all I can say is Wow! Talk about knock out power! He was getting rocked by Marshall and one left hook connected and BAM, knockout! He definately has good hands, and a solid chin...I wonder about his ground game though. I'm sure we'll be seeing more of him with the title defences to come!

-Sunshine
    Yeah, the one fight I watched where he went to the ground kinda had me a little on edge...he won that fight within the last 10 seconds of the first round. I know he's more of a stand-up fighter, but I also know he's a pretty good wrestler. A buddy of mine who was under his command with me used to be on the USMC Wrestling team, and he'd practice with Lt. Stann all the time. I know they also practiced some striking, because he would show up to formation with black eyes...hahahaha

But I was just completely floored by seeing him get so much national TV coverage. Doug Marshall had me worried there for a minute! But just like you mentioned, one good left fixed that problem pretty fast! Hahahha

Cheers, Lt. Stann! , and to you as well brother.

-CPL Maines

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Destroyer
    Doug Marshall had me worried there for a minute! But just like you mentioned, one good left fixed that problem pretty fast! Hahahha

-CPL Maines
    That what I love about MMA, it only takes one punch to win (or one submission). You're never really beat until you're knocked out or tap out. It is good to see him getting that kind of media coverage and exposure. He trains with Team Quest...they're no slouches on the ground. I mean seriously, with Hendo in your corner you can't go wrong. His wrestling background makes for a strong solid base, I was just more curious about his submission prowess. I haven't seen any of his other fights, so I can't really comment. But I do know all his wins have been TKO/KO's, so at least he is winning with what he knows best. Then again, he is young to the game, so he has plenty of time to improve. As it stands though, it's a good day to be a Marine! Being a Marine is bad a$$. Being a fighter is bad a$$. Being both is simply phenominal! The only other Marine I know of who fights in the big leagues is Luigi Fioravanti. He's making a nice rise in the game too. Both studs in my opinion!

I'll have to watch for him. I hav'nt seen him fight yet.

Keep us posted on when he fights again if your able.

Quote Originally Posted by Twitchell
    I'll have to watch for him. I hav'nt seen him fight yet.

Keep us posted on when he fights again if your able.
    Will do brother. You can watch a lot of his fights on YouTube. Just go there and type in "Brian Stann"

The title fight he recently won was against Doug Marshall.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I'D LIKE TOO READ HIS SILVER STAR CITATION

Quote Originally Posted by FISTFU68
    I'D LIKE TOO READ HIS SILVER STAR CITATION

"1st Lt. Brian M. Stann
    United States Marine Corps

For conspicuous gallantry and intrepidity in action against the enemy as 2d
    Mobile Assault Platoon Leader, Weapons Company, 3d Battalion, 2d Marines,
    Regimental Combat Team 2, 2d Marine Division, II Marine Expeditionary Force
    Forward in support of Operation IRAQI FREEDOM 04-06 from 8 May to 14 May
    2005. During Operation MATADOR, Second Lieutenant Stann led his reinforced
    platoon on an assault through a foreign fighter and Mujahedeen insurgent
    defense-in-depth to seize the Ramana Bridge north of Karabilah, Iraq. On
    three separate occasions, he traversed four kilometers of enemy occupied
    urban terrain in order to maintain his battle position. With each
    deliberate attack he controlled close air support and the direct fire
    systems of tanks and heavy machineguns destroying enemy positions along the
    route. At one point, the enemy massed on his platoon and fired over 30
    rocket propelled grenades, machineguns, detonated two improvised explosive
    devices and attacked the unit with three suicide vehicle borne improvised
    explosive devices. Second Lieutenant Stann personally directed two casualty
    evacuations, three vehicle recovery operations and multiple close air
    support missions under enemy small arms, machinegun and mortar fire in his
    360-degree fight. Inspired by his leadership and endurance, Second
    Lieutenant Stann's platoon held the battle position on the Euphrates River
    for six days protecting the Task Force flank and isolating foreign fighters
    and insurgents north of the river. Second Lieutenant Stann's zealous
    initiative, courageous actions, and exceptional presence of mind reflected
    great credit upon himself and upheld the highest traditions of the Marine
    Corps and the United States Naval Service."

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    UNCOMMON VALOR WAS A COMMON VIRTUE

Quote Originally Posted by FISTFU68
    UNCOMMOM VALOR WAS A COMMON VIRTUE
    Like I said, he was a damn good Marine, and one hell of a good guy in general. He saved a lot of our butts over there during that operation.

Will do brother. You can watch a lot of his fights on YouTube. Just go there and type in "Brian Stann"

The title fight he recently won was against Doug Marshall._______________

Outstanding, thanks for the info.

I have seen every one of his fights, he's a stud for sure. He isnt fighting for the UFC, you'll find him on World Extreme Cage fighting, or WEC on VS.

I"ve watched a few of his fights, he is the real deal.

Thread Information