"Dress Blue's" now standard issue ..... - Page 4
Create Post
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Graduated July '86.
    If we wanted Blues, we bought them.
    I never got a set.
    I never had the need or the chance to wear them.
    I was a grunt.
    I gots lotsa Alphas and Charlies and a ****-ton of Cammies (woodland, some poplin most not) though...

In 83 Dress Blues were only issued to the platoon Guides and and Honor Grad. We graduated in Alphas. Yes, back then, a P**s Cover too.
    MCRD San Diego Plt. 2086 Oooooh Raaaaw

Last edited by sadibenz; 03-07-09 at 06:09 PM. Reason: **** Cover

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    In 68 we didn't get them. I didn't get my first set until about one year later at my first duty station my SSgt gave me one of his sets. I returned the favor and passed on my first set to someone and I had two sets while I was on active duty. After getting out someone broke into my home and stole my uniforms so I don't have any these days. I think it is good because as young Marines we didn't have the money. At the same time they just don't look the same until you earn the Red Stripe.
    Semper Fi Redman1

I think I quickly glanced somewhere this evening that current active duty Marines who went through boot camp without being issued a pair will eventually be issued them by Oct 2011. Don't quote me on this, though

Quote Originally Posted by onux16 View Post
    I think I quickly glanced somewhere this evening that current active duty Marines who went through boot camp without being issued a pair will eventually be issued them by Oct 2011. Don't quote me on this, though
    Hopefully I'll get a set when I get back in, I never got around to buying them while I was in the first time.

DRESS BLUE UNIFORM ISSUE (MARADMIN504/07). Per CMC Decision, recruits started receiving the dress blue uniform via initial issue in the first quarter of FY08. Those individuals are required to maintain the uniform and may be mandated to wear it. Those enlisted Marine who entered the Corps prior to the issue began receiving additional money via their annual clothing replacement allowance on 1 Oct 2007, but will not accrue enough to purchase the full uniform four years. Prior to that only officers and those enlisted Marines who received the uniform via initial issue may be mandated to wear the uniform. The mandatory possession date is 1 Oct 2011.

I graduated October of 1995 and we also did not have blues issued. Owell at least they could not make us buy them once we got in the fleet.

June of 1997 - We didn't have them issued, other than the honor men. I bought them in '99, and wore them all of 2 times (once for a wedding). If they are going to be used, it is worthwhile, otherwise it seems like a big waste of money.

Sweet! I always wondered why the Marines best uniform was never inspected.

I graduated @Parris Island 1965 and no Marine had dress blues!Are they still made out of gabardine wool?

yes, just more finely woven.

I graduated Bootcamp in September of 93' and we were issued the full Dress Uniform(s)....

Then, in 2000, when I became a Career Planner, I got another full issue and other uniform stuff for the job also....think it was a 604 Form??

I love the Blue Dress "A" and "B", but even with the monthly stipend we got for Career Planners for dry cleaning etc. it's still expensive...I was in Dress "C" and "D" all the damn time. I'd have my ribbons done every 3 or 4 months as they get "dingy" and belts etc., shoes, covers.....loved it but it got expensive quick.

MC Balls were also expensive for medal-mounting etc. if you have a bunch...think that was between $80-$100 a pop for medals to be mounted professionally....

I have to order another set of large medals, finally going to get a set of the mini-medals for myself, and probalby 2 sets of my ribbon's done for the last time...I'm sending one to my Dad.

This venture is gonna be spensive lol....I have to add the Navy/MC Commendation Medal to my Large medals.....it was awarded like days before I left Lejeune for the last time.

I'm still waiting for my CAR to be submitted for retroactive approval from Silver Wake. My former Platoon Commander is a LtCol Reserve Officer and will imput it in early September during his next drill weekend.

I've talked to 26th MEU's Adjutant who's waiting for it and they are sending it "forwarded, recommending approval" for the CAR...then ultimately it goes to MarCentCom for final adjudication. Hopefully it takes less than 30 days for approval.

hopefully... but I've never paid to have the ribbons mounted unless you're doing a flat mount.... but I'm sure you are doing that.

Thread Information