"Dress Blue's" now standard issue ..... - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Leprechaun View Post
    BTW, latest word is that wintertime at PI, new Marines graduate in Alphas.
    They graduate in either the Bravos with the Wooly Pully or the Alphas during the Cold SOP season, which is unfortunate because sometimes during the winter season it can still get very warm down there. My Parents said they were on the Island a week ago and saw the graduation was in Bravos with the Wooly Pullys and they said it was pushing 80 degrees that day.

I graduated in January 1977. Only the platoon honorman got'em for free. I did get mine issued after I completed school and got assigned I&I duty. There are other assignments where they'll issue them as well.

Graduated yesterday in Service Alphas. We were issued Dress Blues but only the Guide/ Honor Grad got to wear them.

the last year the corps issued blues upon graduation was 1995

Incorrect. They have began to issue blues to every Marine upon graduation.

Back in 2005 they didn't issue them, only the honor grads got them, still had to pay for them. I got three for free because of Security Forces Duty. Thank god, them damn things are expensive.

1984 no blues issued, you paided for them.

i never got them... only my plt's honor graduate were issued them, i paid full price, however they did issue us the blue pants.
    but then again they didnt take it out of my pay...

I graduated in 2001, and had to buy mine before my first mess night in 2002. Honor grad was the only one wearing them on grad day. Which by the way was stupid, because that killed the whole uniformity idea. Here you have 60-90 of your brothers wearing Alpha's, and your guide is wearing Blues. What a butt kisser.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergeant Hoople View Post
    I graduated in 2001, and had to buy mine before my first mess night in 2002. Honor grad was the only one wearing them on grad day. Which by the way was stupid, because that killed the whole uniformity idea. Here you have 60-90 of your brothers wearing Alpha's, and your guide is wearing Blues. What a butt kisser.
    When I graduated (Feb 1975) only the Guidon Bearer/Honor Grad got a set of Blues. He was the most fag looking guy on the bus recieving night. Had Hair down to the midle of his back, and rosy red cheeks like he had makeup on. Still had the rosy red cheeks at Grad. If anyone else wanted Blues you had to purchase your own once you got to your first Unit post MOS training. I could never afford a set.

LOL. Yep. Platoon and Company honorman got em when I graduated in 1982.

I ended up getting issued 2 complete sets at Marine Barracks Annapolis tho.
    You must have graduated just after me since I graduated from P.I in Sept of 82 plt 3063 and yea back then only honor man got the dress blues the rest of us were sol, looks like I will be going back in to MCRD in March to see my cousin graduate

Credits
    Savings
    Graduated Dec 97 and only Honor man was issued blues, the rest of us were in Alphas.

Incorrect. They have began to issue blues to every Marine upon graduation.
    negative ghostrider lol

they stopped in 1995 due to budget issues.

the dress blues , as in less than a year ago are being issued upon graduation again.

prior to that depending on the season you graduated in your alphas or you dress blue deltas

Thumbs up Attended Parris Island March 6 2009 graduation

A lot of good info on this thread and I would just like to confirm that dress blues if they were being handed out prior to this period is no longer the case. I watched my cousin carry on the tradition yesterday as he marched across the parade deck here at Parris Islalnd S.C. As it was for me 27 years ago (1982) only Honor men and women are awarded dress blues. Also I was surprised to see that they now graduate male and females together at the same time. Currently I am in my hotel and getting ready to leave to go back home to Wisconsin and when I have time I will try to start a new thread with some thoughts of my visit and pictures. Until then heres a picture I snapped yesterday during graduation showing the uniforms what they graduated in. Semper FI.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Graduation2009small.jpg‎
Views:	1007
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	7032  

Old Corps / New Corps rest assured these men and women are ready to carry on the esprit de corps

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Newmarine.jpg‎
Views:	5648
Size:	18.0 KB
ID:	7033  

Thread Information