The Green Weenie strikes again!
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Green Weenie strikes again!

Well I was getting sent to Okinawa Japan, now 2 days after they tell me its Camp Hansen, I'm going to K-Bay Hawaii. Needs of the Marine Corps I guess...

As for my friend who thought he was going to Oki and got the girl who's still going to Oki pregnant, but isn't me, he still doesn't know what he's going to do.

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Lucky SOB! Haven't you seen that lately liberty ain't what it used to be on Okinawa?

Ya i rather be in hawaii

Its better than Jacksonville!

Yeah Im kinda looking forward to it. I just heard that K-Bay gets boring. But...24/7beach access? Its just like home as far as Im concerned.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Oki was great liberty,,, Till we gave it back to the Japanese. [Pls note, I didn't say Japs] No ban today,,,,,,,

I would take Hawaii over Oki. Enjoy yourself. And remember things always happen for a reason.

Stalter

I got sent to K-Bay from 2000-2002. The libo is great, you need to hit all the beaches. Officers beach is good for snorkeling as well as in the bay itself. You can learn to surf if you want and can go fishing anytime. The golf course on base is beautiful and there was a Single Marine/Sailor Program bragging rights tournament there every quarter.

Waikiki is fun, and you can take trips to the other islands, so have good time. Stay busy, some guys do get Island Fever and want to get to the mainland. If they don't get there they start to B$#@% and moan about it. Tune them out, and enjoy yourself!

Also, you can rent bungalos on either K-Bay or the Airforce base on the other side. Air Force women, enough said.

One thing though, watch out for some of the locals. There are more than a few that will do anything to instigate a fight with you. Best advice, ignore it and walk away.

Hey if u meet Sgt. Gaede (wrecker operator), tell him LCpl. Hu says hi.

Bewares of the mahus.

Quote Originally Posted by bgsuwoody
    Its better than Jacksonville!
    I think Iraq is better than nasty ol J-ville...hahahahhahaha

I bet the women are cleaner overseas. LOL!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    my granddoughter and her Marine husband are in Hawaii...think he is shiping soon though..another tour i hell

Oh yeah and remember to be thankful for everyday you're not in Jacksonville lol

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    REQUEST MAST AND TELL THEM TOO SEND YOU BACK,TOO BOOT CAMP;PARRIS ISLAND.YOU MISSED OUT ON YOU'RE SHARE OF THUMPINS.PLUS HAWAII IS THE HOME OF PUNK'S @ DRUNKS

Definatly not the worst place you could be stationed, especially as your first duty station.

Thread Information