Marine Security Forces billet?
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Marine Security Forces billet?

Ok, I didn't choose Infrantry, I choose Marine Secruity Forces, what is the difference? Also where is my job training and how long is it? I was told I would probably do my training somewhere in Virginia and be stationed there in Virginia or DC area until I join the fleet force.

Security Force is infantry. You will most likely be sent to SOI to train as an 0311 before being sent somewhere in Virginia. Sometimes, the USMC Command may train 0331s, 0341s, 0351s, and 0352s for Secutiry Forces. But that's rare. Beware of this MOS though. You may do two or three years of security and return to the fleet as a regular. By then you might be a Corporal and know nothing about being a grunt. You'll lose a lot of trust and respect from experienced lance corporals.

That is true that is why that CPL would take the knowledge from other NCO's.

Quote Originally Posted by zackmerc
    Security Force is infantry. You will most likely be sent to SOI to train as an 0311 before being sent somewhere in Virginia. Sometimes, the USMC Command may train 0331s, 0341s, 0351s, and 0352s for Security Forces. But that's rare. Beware of this MOS though. You may do two or three years of security and return to the fleet as a regular. By then you might be a Corporal and know nothing about being a grunt. You'll lose a lot of trust and respect from experienced lance corporals.
    I hear this all the time and usually it's from boots. Sorry Devil Dog, (no offense) but not all Security Forces Marines go back to the fleet clueless. Some may choose to be because they are short, but the vast majority are hard chargers, who happened to be doing another infantry related job. It's true they have knowledge to learn, but they also have knowledge to give. And like SGT7477 said, whatever knowledge and skills that they're lacking can be made up in no time with the help of their fellow NCO's.

And if it was me, and some lance coolie doesn't trust and respect me at first it's okay. No matter where you go in your time in the Corps, when you go to a new command you have to prove yourself all over again. It doesn't matter what you did, trust and respect isn't delivered to you upon to transfer to a new duty station.

Quote Originally Posted by thewookie
    I hear this all the time and usually it's from boots. Sorry Devil Dog, (no offense) but not all Security Forces Marines go back to the fleet clueless. Some may choose to be because they are short, but the vast majority are hard chargers, who happened to be doing another infantry related job. It's true they have knowledge to learn, but they also have knowledge to give. And like SGT7477 said, whatever knowledge and skills that they're lacking can be made up in no time with the help of their fellow NCO's.

And if it was me, and some lance coolie doesn't trust and respect me at first it's okay. No matter where you go in your time in the Corps, when you go to a new command you have to prove yourself all over again. It doesn't matter what you did, trust and respect isn't delivered to you upon to transfer to a new duty station.
    Very well put Marine just don't tell the commandant that us Sgts run the Corps. Semper FI Brother.

Wookie your a 100% correct man. When I was in the fleet as a Lance Criminal , I has a Cpl. who came back from guarding subs, didnt know ****. I had to pretty much teach him everything and still get hazed by this f*cker.

Outlaw things never change, s--t always rolls down hill no different than being out ranked by one day.

Quote Originally Posted by zackmerc
    Security Force is infantry. You will most likely be sent to SOI to train as an 0311 before being sent somewhere in Virginia. Sometimes, the USMC Command may train 0331s, 0341s, 0351s, and 0352s for Secutiry Forces. But that's rare. Beware of this MOS though. You may do two or three years of security and return to the fleet as a regular. By then you might be a Corporal and know nothing about being a grunt. You'll lose a lot of trust and respect from experienced lance corporals.

In the fleet, post combat deployment you get in some SF guys....they are looked down upon......at least until you redeploy....sorry not being a dick but its the truth - i spent 4 yrs in a victor unit

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    To the original poster..In todays Marine Corps... in this day and age of advanced technology.... WHY would you choose between two MOS's if you don't know the difference of the two without prior research?

Great Point Blooper.

Quote Originally Posted by jeff0311
    In the fleet, post combat deployment you get in some SF guys....they are looked down upon......at least until you redeploy....sorry not being a dick but its the truth - i spent 4 yrs in a victor unit
    I agree with that but anyone going to a victor unit that's just coming back is going to be lost and looked down upon. And I agree there are more then enough turds that come back from SF and hold up the perception of what Zack said. But I also know a lot of them are squared away and can handle themselves in no time with a little help. My point is I guess, don't assume you know what they know or can do until you see them perform.

Yeah, I had the choice between Crewman on a tank or AAV, Field Arty crewman, Infrantry or Secruity Forces, she explained that Infrantry and SF are extremely similar except the SF "guard the president" (I'm sure not every person in SF literally guards the president), anyways I choose it, so if someone could answer my orginal questions.

Quote Originally Posted by InfrantrywannaB
    Yeah, I had the choice between Crewman on a tank or AAV, Field Arty crewman, Infrantry or Secruity Forces, she explained that Infrantry and SF are extremely similar except the SF "guard the president" (I'm sure not every person in SF literally guards the president), anyways I choose it, so if someone could answer my orginal questions.
    Read Rule #10 first.

I did heed your advice, did a search, and from what I've gathered guarding the president really means guarding a parking lot and you don't get as much action as regular 03xx infrantry, you also don't do any training in the Mojave Desert?

Thread Information