My experience with Parris Island D.I.s - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    just remember this...as far as yelling go they get off your back when you lose your voice and also when you get to the point where you caugh up b lood thats hen they know you are givin it youre all ...and tahts all they are asking for...so dont be affraid to lose your voice or dont be affraid to yell when youre voice is gone and throat hurts...

Quote Originally Posted by immaproshooter
    just remember this...as far as yelling go they get off your back when you lose your voice and also when you get to the point where you caugh up b lood thats hen they know you are givin it youre all ...and tahts all they are asking for...so dont be affraid to lose your voice or dont be affraid to yell when youre voice is gone and throat hurts...
    we had a recruit lose his voice and couldn't yell. our kill hat noticed this and said "B**** YOURE JUST TRYING TO GET A COUGH DROP!"

hey whitey how you enjoyin Pcola.......

med hold and probably getting reclassed:-/ apparently you can't be half deaf in air crew*shrugs*

My recruiter told me once he shipped a Mexican to PI who didn't speak more than like 10 words of English, well my recruiter told me (I guess his recruit told him all this later) that one time a DI came up to him and started yelling, well since the recruit didn't speak English, the recruit picked up a broom and dust-handle and started sweeping, the DI instantly realised what was going on and kind of turned his hat away from the recruits and laughed, apparently the recruit never got messed with again, I guess what I'm trying to say is, it's more important that you give your 100%, even if your doing the wrong thing, for instance if your suppose to say 'aye sir' but you say 'sir,yes,sir', as long as it wasn't intenional and you are going as hard, loud and fast as you can, you will succeed, at least this is what I gathered from my recruiters story.

Nah if you say yes sir instead of aye sir you'll get ripped.

oh and i had a a guy who only knew spanish in my plt in boot lets jstu say by the end of boot he was flunt in english...or at least fluent with the words we used and compreheded everything..he did get ****ed with alot...and by our company cmdr as well during inspections

i miss Pcola myself..i lived there for 18 years...

it seems like all there is to do is goto the beach which because of the season is dead and goto sevilles, babes or arties

Just got back from MY meeting with the Parris Island Drill Instructors. It was single handedly the greatest and most bad ass experience of my life so far.It started with dinner and then a guest speaker. After all that was finished they told us to go out in the hall and line up. We get in formation and the Gunnery Sergeant comes out and tells us that they havent heard from the DI, dont know where he is, and tell us to just stand by. Everyones laughing and bull****ting and im just standing there goin "**** THAT! that guy is within close proximity! Were gettin ambushed"...sure enough, and without any warning the BAMF of all BAMF's kicks the door in and comes in guns a blazin. After that he proceeded to thrash the **** out of us for about 20 minutes in front of the parents. It was great, I loved it, others didnt. I dont have my voice anymore just from 20 minutes of yelling, not sure if thats good or bad. One kid even pussed out and left because the DI called him a "fatty".

Good times. The greatest piece of motivation ive had so far in the DEP. I want to leave NOW.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I'm glad to hear ya had a good time with it. I agree with ya, it was pretty damn fun in it's own little way. That's probably because that was the most excitement I've had in awhile haha.

Oh and it might be a good "fatty" left when he did. He just saved himself and everyone the trouble. (I bet his recruiter wasn't too happy) Hell, I was counting on them to call me a fat ass for some extra moto! Oh well, I'll get my fill of it soon enough.

I had my Family Night last night for RSS Dover, New Hampshire, but one major disappointment: the Drill Instructor's arrival was cancelled! A retired First Sergeant with 26 years spoke as well as our Staff Sergeant, a food line, and that was it. No Drill Instructor experience

Quote Originally Posted by JGWright
    ...one major disappointment: the Drill Instructor's arrival was cancelled! A retired First Sergeant with 26 years spoke...
    He coulda lit you all up if so inclined. Saving it for posterity i suppose.

Ya they told us our DI wasnt on time either. then he kicked the door in and dropped us on our faces.

Anybody doing this on the 26th of this month in Valdosta, GA?

Thread Information