Sum It Up - Page 4
Create Post
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Sum It Up

The Marines for me is the key that well help me open many opportunities in my life that where impossible to accomplish without.

The Marine Corps holds the key to a locked door on life.

The Marine Corps is the elite fighting group in the world, not only because of it's military prowess, but because of the honour it maintains and the fraternity it encourages.

Also, the uniform is just badass.

Thank you Jim, much appreciated SSgt.

Poolees, Heed This Advice.

In the Marine Corps you will encounter a situation in which you WILL be corrected, either tactfully, or harshly. It will happen because everyone makes mistakes and goofs up. It is your job not only as a Marine, but as a responsible adult (which you all should be!) to take away from it, not "oh man i just got my azz chewed", but having learned something. You are only as good of a person, and only as good of a Marine as you let yourself be. Always seek self improvement, and if someone seeks it on your behalf, then take heed to it! As a poolee, if you are corrected by a Marine, do not forget where you are! This is not a gamers forum, this is not a political forum, and this is certainly not the place where you bring your attitude. Every Marine here, from Pvt. to MGySgt and up, has done their time, and they do and will rate respect from you! Until you have U.S. Marines sewn on your left breast, and your name on your right breast, you have no right to talk to a Marine as though he is lesser than you. If you feel this way, then please, show yourself the door. Neither myself, nor any other Marine on here has the time nor the inclination to take jabs from some hethen who thinks he is something he's not.

Even as Marines we try to show you Poolee's the uptmost respect, because you have made a decision less than 1% of the population ever has, and for that alone you are to be recognized! And you are, that is why so many Marines devote their time to your forums, answering questions over and over again, and offering advice, encouragment, and even letters while in boot! Do not mistake our kindness for weakness. Embrace the advice and mentorship. I came here as a poolee almost 3 years ago, and i knew my place. Now i am about to become an NCO of Marines, so if you have doubts, I won't listen to them. Everyone has it in them to become a U.S. Marine, and everyone is here because they share that passion. Now start treating it like it is a passion, and not something you pull out of your sleeve to try and gain status or recognition.

Right now there is some LCpl, in a land you've never heard of, who just smiled because he found a package of skittles in his MRE, and it made his day. Do not forget your place poolee's, because myself, as well as all of these other Marines will put you back in it in a heartbeat.
    /endrant-sorry Jim

Rules For Further Posting.
    -Describe in one sentence what the Marine Corps means to you.

-Sentences will be between 5-20 words long.

-This is a challenge. Improvise, Adapt, & Overcome

-This is the easiest challenge you will face in the Marine Corps. Chill Out.

-Remember, have fun with it, this about being moto poolees right?

-Arguing Will NOT Be Tolerated. Period.

Semper Fi Pups.

Amen, hooray, two thumbs up, beers all around post if I do say so myself. Thats why people say "Learn from your mistakes".

Aye, aye, sir.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Aye Lance Corporal

Aye, LCpl. This poolees pickin up what your throwin down

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    As the L/Cpl stated, we are here for you. I wrote over 396 letters to recruits last year that I have never met, and probably never will! Why? To help keep them motivated so they could earn that title. Did all of them make it....unfortunatley no they didn't, but the ones that did are the better person for what they learned from the experience there.

Besides Jinelson, I guess I am the number 2 Mentor, on this site, to you poolees, and right now I am ashamed, yes ashamed, that there is that 10%, even in here that will ruin your chances to better prepare yourself for boot camp. I take every post that you poolees make and I disect it, down to the last period! I am proud of most of you, but please help us police the poolee pool and keep this relationship going between Marine and Poolee, trust me you will be greatful that you did.

Check your Attitude at the log in page

Make sure you read the poolee rules

Use the search Engine (we had 3 threads about Combat engineers within 24 hrs)

Never argue or debate with a Marine

Remember that a "MARINE IS ALWAYS RIGHT"

IF A MARINE IS WRONG, REFER TO THE RULE ABOVE!

Marines may not always be exactly correct, but someone (Marine) will make the proper corrections, you don't need to worry aboout that!

Last thing Poolees, make me proud, as I take a personal interest in all of you, as does Jinelson and a lot of other Marines!

Carry On!

Dave

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    The Marine Corps is what i'll be able to tell my kids were the greatest years of my life.

The process of earning the title of Marine means entering a lifestyle that does not accept mediocrity, only greatness, for our blessed country and the beloved brotherhood.

Sir, this Poolee believes the Corps is a way of life cut above the others and is willing to make any sacrifice to protect it.

This is what i'm talking about pups, keep it coming!

I would presonally like to thank the Lcpl. for making this thread it is much needed. For my own part I feel motivated as hell.

I'm here for motivators like you Jon! Thats what its all about anyways! Staying motivated, dedicated, locked cocked & ready to rock.

By the way motivator, always capatalize the C in LCpl. They are two different words abbreviated as such. Just like Private First Class isn't Pfc, its PFC. Carry on.

Thread Information