Marine Aviation question
Create Post

Marine Aviation question

Good Morning,

I want to join the Marine Corps after college and go into aviation. My understanding is that in a MAG, a Squadron is roughly equivalent to a Battalion. My question is, what are the equivalents to Companies, platoons..etc, within the squadron?

Thanks!

Dave

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    In my day I seved with the 1st MAW, MWSG-17, WERS-17. SO the 1st MAW had Groups under them, and squadrons under them, I could be wrong so let a new Marine update or correct me on that for you, ok?

Dave

Thanks for the help, Sir. I'm a wannabe, so my knowlege is lacking. Basically, my understanding is that a Group is subordinate to a Wing, a Squadron is subordinate to a Group and then I assume there would be sub-units within the Squadron. Am I on the right track?

Thanks again,

Dave

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BadFishBad
    Thanks for the help, Sir. I'm a wannabe, so my knowlege is lacking. Basically, my understanding is that a Group is subordinate to a Wing, a Squadron is subordinate to a Group and then I assume there would be sub-units within the Squadron. Am I on the right track?

Thanks again,

Dave
    That would be correct, as far as I recall. I think we had sections in our squadron (that being kind of like a Platoon). CPL Nelly could probably help out better as she just got out not long ago.

Dave

Wing = Div. Mag = Reg, Squadron = Co., Sections in Squadron = Plat.

When forming up for award and any other formations there are no set platoons. You form it up all as one Pvt to Sgt, one SNCOs and the other officers. You will have your own section on a day to day basis and that is your work center shich is broken down my MOS.

Thank you, Ma'am. That's what I needed to know. I appreciate your help.

Thanks again!

Dave

Marine Aviation has played a big part in my life,I was a high school drop-out.At 17 I joined the Marines and was lucky enough to get into Air prep school.I have German parents and am mechanical inclined and I became an Aircraft engine mechanic.I joined a transport squadron at Cherry Point and a year later became a crewchief.I flew all over the east coast and Europe ,Med. and North Africa.I spent 4 years in the Marines then when I got out with my aviation exp. I took a job with an aircraft factory in Ohio.Worked there 12 yrs then took a position with a large air lines based in Cleveland..Now retired ..You cant go wrong in Aviation..

Thread Information