Bayonet fight in Iraqi invasion?
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bayonet fight in Iraqi invasion?

Does anyone know about a bayonet fight in a swamp in the first stages of the Iragi war? I heard about or read about it somewhere.
    Semper Fi,
    Eric

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    The Scottish brigade got into a bad situation and were pinned down. Those tough SOBs decided to strap on cold steel and bust out. They won the day with Old School tactics.

http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/wor...arge-iraq.html

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    In the early days when Iraqis were looting alll that they could a dozen broke into a bank. Upon exciting they saw a Britis patrol and panicked. In those chaotic days the Brits had no order to drop them. They only coud only watch.

One crazy panicked bank robber tryed to shoot the Brits. That was a enough for a 12.75mm to put then down, dumb asses.

But there was a Marine unit in one as well. Which unit--1st Marines?

Eric,
    Did a quick google search with no results on a US Bayonet charge.

Those Scots are motivating as hell, though! 5 to 1 odds. Seems like a perfect time to break out the heavy steel.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I AM SURPRISED THAT PIC'S COMING OUTTA THE SANDBOX,SHOWS MARINES CLEARING HOUSES W/OUT FIXED BAYONETS.CLOSE COMBAT IS SAME SAME,NO MATTER WHAT ERA.WHAT ARE THEY WORRIED ABOUT POKING THEIR BUDDY UP THE AZZ.IT'S A HELL'UVA WAY TOO ENTER A ROOM,WITH YOU'RE SQUAD;AT LEAST THE POINTMAN-NO PUN INTENDED(LOL)THAT RIFLE HAS A BAYONET LUGG. ON IT FOR A REASON!!!

Its because we aint there fistfu68..

Besides the battle of fallujah the rules in Iraq are completely different that those of the wars you older gentlemen fought or served in and there have been instances where Marines have fixed bayonets in house to house fighting.

"WHAT ARE THEY WORRIED ABOUT POKING THEIR BUDDY UP THE AZZ"

The intense nature and chaos off it all and the amount of Marines packed into those small Iraq buildings during clearing operations do make it a relevant danger to other Marines. So yes, trying not to poke your buddy up the azz is and can be a concern.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    WE HAD RULES BUT AS MY CAPT.TOLD US,RULES ARE MEANT TO BE BROKEN;WE ARE HERE TOO KILL THE ENEMY NOT TOO CAPTURE HIM. AS MUCH AS WE PRATICED WIYH FIXED BAYONETS THE ONLY AZZ GETTING STABBED WAS THE BASTARD HOLDING THE AK-47.HELL WE EVEN ENTERED ROOMS OR BUNKERS BY FLIPPING IN A CLAYMORE AND SETTING IT OFF,IN FLIGHT BEFORE WE RUSHED IN;THAT WAS AGAINST THE GENEVA CONVENTION.JUST WATCHING OUT FOR YOU YOUNGER BUCKS THAT'S ALL!SEARCH,CLOSE WITH @ DESTROY.SEMPER~FIDELIS

Fist if these young bucks watched us old salts clear a house they would run and hide.. quart jars of JP-5 worked great..

I agree with your advice FIST on useing bayonets, but it has also been done a great deal in certain fights where it was needed. One thing people should realize is that our War is alot differant than your War and has to be fought differant. The rules we are under are more strict than those you followed and much harder to get away with breaking.

Hrs Comboy...I doubt Marines today would run and hide by your past performances. Although the training in BootCamp may have become softer, todays marines are highly skilled at urban combat and receve alot more training on it than marines of the past. The Marines are no less brave than your generation and would not run and hide by any of your room clearing antics.

Sgt david I never said our Marines were not tough what i meant was if they had seen what we used at the time that was against conventions they would say WE SAW NOTHING we were looking at something else when cowboy and fist went in.. Thats all i am saying.. and then again maybe you never seen JP-5 explode trust me you would run and hide because i did that craps nasty..

I have, im an Engineer Sapper. Thrown all kinds of explosives and explosive concotions into rooms. In Fallujah anything and everything that could bring down the house or kil everything inside was thrown into rooms before entering, and nobody saw anything.

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Thumbs up Death Before Dishonor~gung Ho Bastards

WELL YOUNGBUCKS,WITH YOU'RE ZEAL;@COWBOYS @ MINE KNOWLEDGE OF REALLY F*CING THE BAD GUY'S UP;AND THE GREAT JOB YOU MARINES ARE DOING OVER THERE.THOSE BASTARDS DON'T REALLY STAND A CHANCE.GOT ROOM FOR TWO SEMI-OLD FARTS IN YOU'RE PLATOON?HERE WE COME @ WE ARE BRINGING "HELL"WITH US!!!GODBLESS YOU GUY'S,IT'S VERY HARD STANDING ON THE SIDELINES!!!SEMPER~FIDELIS

I dont doubt how hard the sidelines must e with the experiances Marines like you have. I dont imagine myself enjoying being a retired Marine one day watching Marines fight a new war without me

Thread Information