DEP'ed Pool ee Friend Question
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

DEP'ed Pool ee Friend Question

A friend of mine who recently DEP'ed into the Marine Corps was wondering if once he DEP'ed in and had a ship date was wondering if he was bound in for good with no option of leaving. He was just recently offered school admission and might want to take that. I am asking on behalf of him because he doesn't have internet and figured some forums would have good input. Thanks in advance.

I'm sure everyone gets tired of hearing I signed up but, can I get out. god do a search... it has been asked many times.

Yeah i'm sorry I don't mean to sound like the idiot who comes on and hasn't looked around. But we have been searching around on the forums and all but I just haven't found any good answers. Some of the things I see are people can opt out of the Delayed Entry, But it is obviously frowned upon. But what he is wondering is if it will be like a dishonorable discharge or just looked down on?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE!

Simple as this:

No one in the DEP is bound.

Best thing to do? Tell your recruiter that you want out!

I am TELLING YOU: whatever they say you are not committed.

They might threaten you with UCMJ or court marshal, but you are not a soldier so none of these apply.

You have until you ship and swear in for the second time to drop out!

Good luck I//M me at Internetseyko for more info.

Seyborg

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Seyborg
    Simple as this:

No one in the DEP is bound.

Best thing to do? Tell your recruiter that you want out!

I am TELLING YOU: whatever they say you are not committed.

They might threaten you with UCMJ or court marshal, but you are not a soldier so none of these apply.

You have until you ship and swear in for the second time to drop out!

Good luck I//M me at Internetseyko for more info.

Seyborg
    Good to see the resident EXPERT Poolees on duty this morning. I think we souldn't reply until that profile is filled out, if we do then there goes the ititiative to complete the profile!

Lets enforce the rules upon one another Poolees, don't just jump in and answer the post without checking the details first! Pay attention to detail!

Dave

You are not legally bound until you get on the bus to ship out.

Quote Originally Posted by davblay
    Good to see the resident EXPERT Poolees on duty this morning. I think we souldn't reply until that profile is filled out, if we do then there goes the ititiative to complete the profile!

Lets enforce the rules upon one another Poolees, don't just jump in and answer the post without checking the details first! Pay attention to detail!

Dave
    Nice to know that Dave is on patrol =) ( Dave keeps poolees in line)
    I agree with Dave, read the details people, We poolees have rules here to follow and so do "Marine Friends."
    Personally I think there ought to be a "Wannabe friend" category.
    Stay motivated!!!

I guess "Dave" doesn't rate Cpl. now does he?

Quote Originally Posted by kbs95125
    I guess "Dave" doesn't rate Cpl. now does he?
    My mistake. My apologies to Cpl. Dave.

My recuiter as told me many times nuthin is final untill you STEP into bootcamp. Once your foot lands buck up and get ready for some fun.

First, why don't we stop answering the questions for those that can't follow the rules

Second, its sort of true. Legally you did sign a contract saying basically, that you were going to go. However, the amount of time and money, as well as bad press, it would cost the Marines to hunt you down and force you to go to boot camp isn't worth it usually. Once you've signed however, they will hunt you down when you go UA. I've watched it happen a few times during training and my god is it hilarious to watch the look of defeat after someone spineless punk gets caught and brought back and forced to continue training....usually after a long stint of dealing with a month or more of crap. Basically going UA just gets you stuck wherever, longer.

Third, if you fail to uphold your obligation that you promised your recruiter, you are a big flaming fairy that deserves a swift kick to the rear. You (or your friend) should have exhausted all your options outside of the Marine Corps (i.e. College) before wasting a recruiters time and effort to lead you in the path of the few and the proud. Instead he could have recruited someone with a little more integrity to do what they say they are going to do.

And that response is for ALL poolees.

You brought up an interesting point Score. If you look at this particular case, the kid used the Corps as a SECOND resort it appears. If he didn't get into his school he was going to go in. But now he gets what he wants and its F-- you Marine Corps. That chit just isn't part of the Corps

I saw it plenty at SOI. Freakin non-rates like myself getting all salty like they had been in for 20+ talking about how they should have stayed in school.

I'm glad the 10 percenters had that choice....

Thread Information