Infantry Bonus?
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 43

Thread: Infantry Bonus?

  1. #1

    Infantry Bonus?

    Im just curious as i have asked my recruiter many times and checked the search engine. Does anyone have any idea if infantrymen get enlistment bonuses? My recruiter told me he could try to get me a 10,000 enlistement bonus for going infantry. Also if you are shipped overseas how much bonus money do you get?


  2. #2
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Wilmington
    Posts
    29
    Credits
    10,002
    Savings
    0
    My understanding is that infantry doesnt get much if any enlistment bonus, and I've only seen people say they get 10k for going Recon...Besides, 10,000 will only last a little while, the title Marine is much more valuable and rewarding.


  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeD
    My understanding is that infantry doesnt get much if any enlistment bonus, and I've only seen people say they get 10k for going Recon...Besides, 10,000 will only last a little while, the title Marine is much more valuable and rewarding.
    Yeah but wouldnt you agree that if any job in the Marine Core is going to get a bonus it should be people who are in the infantry field. I mean being a marine is probably very rewarding but everyone should agree that people in the military deserve more money than people who get paid millions for what playing sports. So a little bit of a bonus would mean a lot.


  4. #4

    If you're joining for the bonus go elsewhere,,and get a bigger one

    Clean up your act RYAN. It's Marine CORPS, not core. And Marine is spelled with a big M, like you stupid Mutherfocker. Your bonus is that you might get to be called a Marine someday. I got a bonus for you,,,


  5. #5
    If you play it smart, 10K could go a long way.

    And...
    Quote Originally Posted by thewookie
    And Marine is spelled with a big M, like you stupid Mutherfocker.
    Lol.


  6. #6
    Marine Free Member davblay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Sparta, Tn
    Posts
    3,377
    Credits
    9,588
    Savings
    0
    Images
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan1234
    Im just curious as i have asked my recruiter many times and checked the search engine. Does anyone have any idea if infantrymen get enlistment bonuses? My recruiter told me he could try to get me a 10,000 enlistement bonus for going infantry. Also if you are shipped overseas how much bonus money do you get?
    ROTFLMAO!

    GO ARMY!


  7. #7
    Yeah, seriously. If you're worried about the money, go to the Army. They throw money around like none other.

    As for me, I'm just looking for base pay and allowances. Whatever bonus I get (if any) I'll probably just put into a CD or Treasury bond or something.


  8. #8
    I didnt realize the Marines even entertained the idea of any enlistment bonus.. ever since i met my first Marine its been "why should I let you into my ****ing family?" not "If I give you a bonus will you join?"


  9. #9
    Yeah, they have some enlistment bonuses, but it's much less than any of the other branches give away and it's geared more towards getting people to pick the jobs that desperately need people than for people to join in the first place.


  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by thewookie
    Clean up your act RYAN. It's Marine CORPS, not core. And Marine is spelled with a big M, like you stupid Mutherfocker. Your bonus is that you might get to be called a Marine someday. I got a bonus for you,,,
    Let me at him, Mike! I want to thrash him so bad!!!!


  11. #11
    Ryan make sure you take to heart what all these Marines are telling you.
    I was offered a ten thousand dollar bonus for an infantry contract. I didn't end up taking it so I never actually saw the contract but I know it's out there.
    Hope that helps at least a litte
    -David

    P.S. Don't pick your job for a bonus. Try and do what you love. If you get a bonus great. If not it doesn't matter.


  12. #12
    Marine Free Member davblay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Sparta, Tn
    Posts
    3,377
    Credits
    9,588
    Savings
    0
    Images
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by rvillac2
    Let me at him, Mike! I want to thrash him so bad!!!!
    SIC him SGT!


  13. #13
    Are you serious? Tell me i'm dreaming, because this is just to good to be true. If you truly want to be a Marine, then the Title of Marine would mean more to you than money ever would. And to your question...
    Yeah but wouldnt you agree that if any job in the Marine Core is going to get a bonus it should be people who are in the infantry field.
    No not really. Every job in the Marine Corps is an important one, especially if you get deployed, all jobs in Iraq and Afghanistan are dangerous no matter what your MOS is. So blah to you, and your dumb question. It's been said before and it will be said again GO ARMY!


  14. #14
    Are you kidding me??? I hope that if there is a bonus it is not offered to you. Because then maybe you may sign a contract and slip through the lines and get into my Corps. And if THAT happens then you better hope you don't run into me...and it's a small Corps so chances are you will. You should be happy with 3 meals a day and a place to sleep...you want quality of life then join the air force. I'm going to let the other Marines have at you for a little while before I jump back in this.


  15. #15
    If you are worried about money stay out of our beloved Marine Corps. or are you thinking you could just buy that Rose Garden?


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not Create Posts
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts