Bootcamp Graduation Dates and Address - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FeMzZ
    Sorry i have another question but didnt want to spam and make another thread. But i read that the graduation ceremony start at 10am and last about an hour. So does this mean that you can be on a plane heading home to start your 10 day break that same day or are you held at MCRD for something extra?
    When your SDI says Platoon Dismissed, you are on leave!

Quote Originally Posted by JAG1990tn
    I think all grads occur on Fridays. When is your shipdate? Have you posted it yet?
    And for your sake. You better hope they don't put you in 4th RTB, That is for females only.Lol
    There are some that are on Wednesday. I'm one of those.

Anyway, I believe they just recently started issuing dress blues to all graduates.

And I believe you're referring to meritorious LCpl, but I could be wrong.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hologram
    Anyway, I believe they just recently started issuing dress blues to all graduates.

And I believe you're referring to meritorious LCpl, but I could be wrong.
    Well poolee......you are right and you are wrong! PFC is meritorious to most recruits that are chosen Honor man! You have to be one heck of a recruit to get L/CPL out of Boot Camp! But you are right about the Blues, but let me say this one more time, "you pay for them", just like you do every other uniform issued to you! They are not FREE! Except for the Honor men, then they (the Blues) are a gift from the Corps!

Dave

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    There are some that are on Wednesday. I'm one of those.
    If a major holiday falls on thursday or friday then the graduation is moved up to Wednesday, you are correct!

Quote Originally Posted by davblay
    Well poolee......you are right and you are wrong! PFC is meritorious to most recruits that are chosen Honor man! You have to be one heck of a recruit to get L/CPL out of Boot Camp! But you are right about the Blues, but let me say this one more time, "you pay for them", just like you do every other uniform issued to you! They are not FREE! Except for the Honor men, then they (the Blues) are a gift from the Corps!

Dave
    Yes, I knew that I had to pay for all my uniforms. Anyway, it's my goal to make LCpl then get Corporal as soon as possible.

I'm the kind of guy who thinks that if someone else can do, I can too. One of the reasons I chose the Corps instead of the Navy or Army.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Yes, I knew that I had to pay for all my uniforms. Anyway, it's my goal to make LCpl then get Corporal as soon as possible.

I'm the kind of guy who thinks that if someone else can do, I can too. One of the reasons I chose the Corps instead of the Navy or Army.
    That's what this guy did, so it is possible. He just made CPL a few weeks ago.

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/member.php?u=21048

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan1234
    From what i have heard from marines who just got back from bootcamp. They have been telling me now that everyone gets Dress Blues free. They have been saying its something new they have been doing. Who knows they may be wrong.
    There is nothing free you pay for everything.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by davblay
    That's what this guy did, so it is possible. He just made CPL a few weeks ago.

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/member.php?u=21048
    LOL! Just cause he eats a lot of bananas!

Yeah i leave June 16th, its at the top of my post. Haha, guess i'll be in Echo
    At the top you said June 6th. I think I have seen you on Myspace. If I am correct, you may want to change your screen name. But, I am not for sure if you and he are the same so don't take that the wrong way.

Quote Originally Posted by JAG1990tn
    At the top you said June 6th. I think I have seen you on Myspace. If I am correct, you may want to change your screen name. But, I am not for sure if you and he are the same so don't take that the wrong way.
    Ok, I done what I should have done to begin with. I looked over your profile. You are clear. My apologies.
    But for reference, do you know this wannabe?
    Or have any networking with him?
    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndID=184919055

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Marine84
    LOL! Just cause he eats a lot of bananas!
    I wonder if it was a CABANA BANANA? ROTFLMAO!

on page 23 of the booklet in the Welcome Aboard package it says "Pvt (full name)"

Davblay, sorry about that, thats a type. i leave June 16th for MCRD
    Just keep on challenging the Marines on here and you will find yourself on the outside and not looking in. Just because you are looking at some stupid freaking booklet doesn't mean that's the way it is. When I went through bootcamp back in the stone age we were referred to as PRIVATES, however today recruits are referred to as RECRUIT until they have earned the right to be called a private. Things change and don't ever believe any book or pamphlet you get or read. They aren't always accurate as you are finding out...

Quote Originally Posted by Camper51
    Just keep on challenging the Marines on here and you will find yourself on the outside and not looking in. Just because you are looking at some stupid freaking booklet doesn't mean that's the way it is. When I went through bootcamp back in the stone age we were referred to as PRIVATES, however today recruits are referred to as RECRUIT until they have earned the right to be called a private. Things change and don't ever believe any book or pamphlet you get or read. They aren't always accurate as you are finding out...
    I agree. Just suck it up and go on. The booklet I have also says PVT. And at MEPS you sign everything as PVT( your name). But None of us poolees have earned that title yet. And even when you get to BC you will be a Recruit. And it would probally be best if you address your mail as Recuit instead of private.You don't want to draw anymore attention to yourself than you will already have. So listen to the Marines on here, suck it up,and go on. Even if you don't agree with them, just keep your mouth shut. You will find out soon enough.All of us poolees will.Personally, I think you as well as the rest of us poolees shpuld be thankful that they are here to help us.So that we don't go into Bootcamp without a clue.And get jacked up by the DIs. They are here to help. Listen to them.

And here is my thanks.
    Thank you Marines.

Thread Information