dli
Create Post

Thread: dli

dli

I'm graduating my MOS school next week. I'm slated to take the DLAB next week as well...my instructor is saying that If I pass I could be sent to DLI. Does this sound like BS, can admin even process something like that? I already have orders to a duty station.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by irizavrima
    I'm graduating my MOS school next week. I'm slated to take the DLAB next week as well...my instructor is saying that If I pass I could be sent to DLI. Does this sound like BS, can admin even process something like that? I already have orders to a duty station.
    It doesn't necessarily mean you'll go to DLI immediately. You might, you might not. It all depends on the needs of the Corps. Most likely you'll see your first duty station first since graduating MOS school and taking the DLAB are basically at the same time.

Then again, you might never see DLI.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    I can't speak for the Marine Corps today....but,I can speak for and have witnessed.....if somebody in the USMC with more rank than you have.... wants you to have orders to somewhere...they pass the word and orders can come down the pike quick.... like the USPS Priority Overnight delivery.

Sometimes its a matter of who you know and sometimes a body is needed somewhere.

The biggest problem is the Marine scurrying to check out and get all the required gear that is needed for school or TAD/FAP and to take care of the personal obligations.

So I would say if they say it is possible then I would have to concur.

Good luck on the test.

what the heck is DALB?

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Sgt Tony

DLAB Defense Language Apptitude Battery. It is for linguistics I think.

Gunny out

Semper Fi

Yeah it is. I took it once, yeah, once. I didn't do so hot on it, but oh well. You need to take it if you want to be a Linguist.

My son just graduated DLI last month along with several other linguists. We live in Valley Center, a bunch of them will be coming down for the Easter Holiday, if you have any questions regarding DLI, you are welcome to contact me for contact information.

Semper Fi
    Joyce

You will not come to DLI as a boot unless you are a 26xx or a 0231.

So in the event you are a 0231 or in the intel field and your MOS moniter wants you here, then you will come.

I am an 0231 and I do want to go! Im graduating 0231 school next friday. I'm taking the dlab sometime next week before graduation. My teacher is saying that If I pass that I will go to DLI. My question was whether or not it was possible to get my orders changed that quickly so that I could go to DLI.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Your question was answered...possible but not probable!

Yes if your MOS moniter wants you at DLI your orders will get changed that quick. Happened to most the 0231s here.

I know someone at Al Asad who did the same thing as you, and WAS sent, so be aware.

Thread Information