Bring What..?
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bring What..?

Bring What..?

Hey Everyone! I'm leaving for bootcamp on the 23rd of March. My husband is a marine, and has just hit his year mark. He's given me all the preperation he can muster but I still have questions that he just doesn't know the answers to. I've looked far and wide to find the answer - WHAT DO I BRING TO BOOTCAMP? All the internet has to offer (so far) has been for male recruits. They all say - NOTHING - nothing like no underwear.. no femine products? I have faith in y'all someone let me know!!
    Thanks in advance

The little book that should have come with your "Welcome Aboard" Packet that your recruiter should have given you spells out exacly what to bring-and what not to bring- with you to MRCD.

I didn't get one. There are alot of things I missed out on because my husband is a Marine. I guess my recruiter assumed he could tell me everything I needed to know. I've ended up doing alot of research on my own.

Okay, I would post what the book says, but I have yet to go to boot camp so I will defer to one of our Marines that actually knows what you should bring.

Dont bring sh*t. Maybe like 20 bucks but its not like youll use it , except for on visitors Thursday. Everything youll need youll either get it issued or you can buy it at the px when necessary.

20 bucks, cloaths on your back, and if your on the rag enough products to last ya like a day or two

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=25168

I believe that goes for both male and female. Also what the Marines have already stated.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon1
    [
    I believe that goes for both male and female. Also what the Marines have already stated.
    What? Males should bring feminine hygiene products too? Don't you think that might provoke extra attention from the drill instructors?

It probably would...

Male Poolees, take those feminine hygiene products to boot, the Drill Instructors will know your squared away and ready for ANYTHING

Yup. Remember anything can happen lol.

Anything

Quote Originally Posted by Zulu 36
    What? Males should bring feminine hygiene products too? Don't you think that might provoke extra attention from the drill instructors?
    Oh shoot that would be funny,lol.

Bring all your bikini underwear, lacy bras, make up, and Vagisil... I'm gonna answer this question for the last time. Why is it that everyone thinks that women have some sort of secret special list of things to bring to boot camp? If there was anything really important to bring, you would know about it. You don't need to bring anything! Everything you need will be issued to you. I mean, obviously if you have your period when you leave, bring enough tampons/pads to last you for a couple of days but after that they'll be supplied to you. Anything else you need will be issued to you. Do guys have to bring their own underwear and shaving accessories and jock straps? No! Why would women have special rules?
    I'm not trying to be insensitive, but you just gotta trust that the Corps knows how to take care of women recruits just as well as male recruits. They've been doing this for a long time. Nothing is going to come up that they aren't prepared for.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by PatriotGirl422
    Bring all your bikini underwear, lacy bras, make up, and Vagisil... I'm gonna answer this question for the last time. Why is it that everyone thinks that women have some sort of secret special list of things to bring to boot camp? If there was anything really important to bring, you would know about it. You don't need to bring anything! Everything you need will be issued to you. I mean, obviously if you have your period when you leave, bring enough tampons/pads to last you for a couple of days but after that they'll be supplied to you. Anything else you need will be issued to you. Do guys have to bring their own underwear and shaving accessories and jock straps? No! Why would women have special rules?
    I'm not trying to be insensitive, but you just gotta trust that the Corps knows how to take care of women recruits just as well as male recruits. They've been doing this for a long time. Nothing is going to come up that they aren't prepared for.

Yeah, what Vickie said!!!!

I just happen to have my book with me.

3 pairs skin-toned pantyhose
    1 white or beige bra
    6 white athletic bras that provide good support and comfort while running
    7 or more pares of white panties
    Portable blow-dryer, curling iron, or hot comb
    Required items for hair care maintenance.

Of course, any of that that you don't bring will probably be bought for you at the post exchange.

Thread Information