Motor T looked down upon? - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I was with 7th motors, 9th motors tad with 1st ANGLICO and 8th engines. I did my job with pride and dignity giving nothing less than 100% as I do today as an over the road driver. The 3500 field is alot of work but can also be alot of fun. Good Luck.

All jobs in the Corps are dangerous.

Looked down on? Hmmm maybe the young Marines do that to each other but I never exierenced it. I have been MT since I started in 88 and as far as promotion goes, it is average with most MOS' and if you stay in like I have done then do some B-Billet's. Come and see me when they send your butt to Truck Co.

MSgt. Walker, congratulation on making E-8.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Congatulations Top from an old non clutching fart. Motor T was good to me, you call we haul if we can't truck it ....well you know the rest.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by jinelson
    Congatulations Top from an old non clutching fart. Motor T was good to me, you call we haul if we can't truck it ....well you know the rest.

Jim
    Thanks Jim, MT has been good to me.........Hope all is well with you

Quote Originally Posted by Master Sephiroth
    MSgt. Walker, congratulation on making E-8.
    Thanks Master

I was MT 3531... Yes, many do look down upon us... Why? Cus we roll with wheels. MT is a great MOS if you're into trucks. However, MT maint. is pretty sweet also, (So I hear).

MT is basically a grunt on wheels. The only difference is that they go through MCT instead of SOI.

The life expectancy of a grunt in combat is 8 seconds. (According to 2003).

The life expectancy of a Motor T Marine in combat is 3 seconds... Again, 2003.

Alongside with being a rifleman, you are a truck driver... So, you learn the strategy of defense within that vehicle... Different scenarios call for different reactions. I'd have to say that it's a lot more dangerous than being on foot because you're sitting in a 15' x 8' x 12' target. Ambushes are extremely common-- or IED's.

You will be considered a pog, but that doesn't mean you won't get into trouble. For instance, a supply guy could be hanging out in a CP tent back on post, but if he's mounting your gun on your truck and crap hits the fan, he is just as likely to meet hell as much as an 03.

Motor Transport is a great MOS.. Don't get me wrong. MT rescues in some instances, it reinforces units, and "transports" obviously. Those who look down upon you will praise you for getting them out of harms way.

I would however like to move to the 03 field. But, if MT is the only thing they will let me back in as, I will gladly take it. Good luck to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaded07018 View Post
    I was MT 3531... Yes, many do look down upon us... Why? Cus we roll with wheels. MT is a great MOS if you're into trucks. However, MT maint. is pretty sweet also, (So I hear).

MT is basically a grunt on wheels. The only difference is that they go through MCT instead of SOI.

The life expectancy of a grunt in combat is 8 seconds. (According to 2003).

The life expectancy of a Motor T Marine in combat is 3 seconds... Again, 2003.

Alongside with being a rifleman, you are a truck driver... So, you learn the strategy of defense within that vehicle... Different scenarios call for different reactions. I'd have to say that it's a lot more dangerous than being on foot because you're sitting in a 15' x 8' x 12' target. Ambushes are extremely common-- or IED's.

You will be considered a pog, but that doesn't mean you won't get into trouble. For instance, a supply guy could be hanging out in a CP tent back on post, but if he's mounting your gun on your truck and crap hits the fan, he is just as likely to meet hell as much as an 03.

Motor Transport is a great MOS.. Don't get me wrong. MT rescues in some instances, it reinforces units, and "transports" obviously. Those who look down upon you will praise you for getting them out of harms way.

I would however like to move to the 03 field. But, if MT is the only thing they will let me back in as, I will gladly take it. Good luck to you.
    I washed enough of them damn trucks as an 0811.

Credits
    Savings
    As others have said, infantry often look down on anyone that wasn't infantry. I remember I met a Pvt at the airport who was going to be flying down to San Diego with me. We both apparently graduated the same company from MCRD San Diego. He was checking into SOI and I was going to MCT. He called me a ****ing POG ass mofo...and that was the end of that conversation.

Going through MOS school in electronics repair field, I looked down on those who were going through field radio operator course or field wireman course.

WOW..... Looks like us Grunts are being picked on here. No biggie. Most grunts (the young ones) do look down on most MOS's. But then again, there are a lot of MOS's out there that do the same thing towards other MOS's. Everyone is better then the next guy. Or so they think. I was once a young cocky grunt that thought the world was here to support me. My attitude changed as I grew older and I started picking up rank. Then it was down to just the Marine Corps was here to support me. With all kidding aside, every young hard charger we have in our ranks, believes their is another MOS that supports them. And it's true. What they don't see, is that all MOS's support each other in one way or another. Grunts and MT support each other by MT trucking us to where we need to go and by us providing security for them while in transit. Thats why we have been so successful for all these years. We are a team, and regardless of what you hear, we work as one too.

Marines looking down on other Marines because of an "inferior" MOS ? O tempore, O mores ! (Or less tastefully said: what absolute chickensh*t!) Some use I would have been as an 0302 were there no chow makers in the Corps or supply humpers. Yes, I have looked down on other Marines. But only as an NAO (T), at altitude while coordinating close air support or as a flying FO for cannon cockers. But never out of pseudo-elitist conceit. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by skipper72 View Post
    Marines looking down on other Marines because of an "inferior" MOS ? O tempore, O mores ! (Or less tastefully said: what absolute chickensh*t!) Some use I would have been as an 0302 were there no chow makers in the Corps or supply humpers. Yes, I have looked down on other Marines. But only as an NAO (T), at altitude while coordinating close air support or as a flying FO for cannon cockers. But never out of pseudo-elitist conceit. Disgusting.

You know Skipper....... it is screwed up to a point. Things changed a lot from when you joined till I joined till today. I have seen Marines talk ****e to other Marines because of their MOS's. Just because they did, didn't mean they weren't building that lasting relationship of the brotherhood. It is all in good intentions. They may talk trash to each other, but when it comes down to it....... they are there for each other when they are needed. It's all good.

Yes, things have changed a lot. That it is "all good" is a matter of personal opinion. I think mine should be obvious. Semper Fidelis means "Always Faithful." And, for me, THAT includes faithfulness to the traditions of the Corps, as well. Having been subjected to a barrage of insults "across the street" and thrown out (4 times) without due cause, I do not quite see any "lasting relationships of brotherhood" as in MY era. But, still, I am willing to keep an open mind.

Quote Originally Posted by skipper72 View Post
    Yes, things have changed a lot. That it is "all good" is a matter of personal opinion. I think mine should be obvious. Semper Fidelis means "Always Faithful." And, for me, THAT includes faithfulness to the traditions of the Corps, as well. Having been subjected to a barrage of insults "across the street" and thrown out (4 times) without due cause, I do not quite see any "lasting relationships of brotherhood" as in MY era. But, still, I am willing to keep an open mind.

Keep the mind open Skipper...... the trash talking is just that. Talking trash. Meant in a light humor sort of way. Even when my dad was in( '53 - '57), he said there was some kidding around back then. Same thing just different times and different lingo. Lets just hope they keep the liquid courage out of it and no one will take it serious.

It's like the sea stories you can tell us. Some of these young Marines can tell the same story just different era and different people.

Thread Information