Marine Rangers?
Create Post

Thread: Marine Rangers?

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Marine Rangers?

My dad recently recieved a Sgt. Grit Catalog, and in it were hat pins/patches. One of them said Marine Rangers, and I asked my dad about it. He has never heard of them. Any one here have? The patch is below.

[IMG]file:///Users/student/Desktop/P149-M_th.jpg[/IMG][IMG]file:///Users/student/Desktop/P149-M_th.jpg[/IMG]

Attached Images Attached Images  

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Its an Old Corps thng I do believe. As in, "I wanna be a Recon Ranger, I want to live the life of danger..."

Not sure if there was a unit but it could refer to Marines that went to Ranger school. Some guys who have been, and have graduated wear the "Ranger tab" but it's always hidden under the pocket flap of BDU's or whatever you call cammies these days. This might be some fancy thing for a coat or sea bag?

No such Unit. Many Marines, like myself, got to attend the Army Ranger School. We earned the Ranger Tab, but we don't wear patches.

I always thought the "Recon Ranger" chant was made so it would ryme, and it took the place of the "Airborne Ranger" in the Army version of the same chant.

S/F
    Finger

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    It was a patch for a baseball cap. And I tried googling it and there was some small thing about 3rd Battalion Marine Rangers.

I think I remember seeing a special on the history channel a while back about the Marine Rangers. I might be horribly mistaken, but I think it was about the first guerrilla force during WWII.

Those were Marine Raiders.

See, I was mistaken.

But only by a few letters, so it wasn't a horrible mistake.

No it wasn't a bad mistake. The Marine Raider history is short but very interesting. Worth reading about.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    USMC RAIDERS WERE THE FATHER OF FORCE RECON @ ALSO PERFECTED MANY OF THE SUB.INSERTS THE "U.D.T.AND OR SEALS" USE TOO THIS DAY

Our real Grand Pappys were the Amphib Recon Marines of WW2 and Korea. These old guys did some pretty amazing things and never really got a lotta ink.

http://www.forcerecon.com/amphibrecondiary.html

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    SEMPER~FI~THAT

Well there's MARSOC....... i was just messing around one day and found out about the Marine Corps' spec ops unit. Sorry for it being from wikipedia but that's where i found it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_...ations_Command

I hadn't even known the Marines had spec ops. I though it was just Force Recon.

Thread Information