Reenlistment Question
Create Post

Reenlistment Question

When I very first came in I wanted to be a Grunt, and the recruiters told me there where no spots avaliable. So I went open contract, not having any idea what I wanted to do. Now I am Motor T about halfway through my first enlistment, and fairly sure I would like to reelist. So here comes my question. I want to reelist and go back to the 03 field. Now, I am thinking this may not be a good move, because I will be a corporal or hopefully Sergeant, and not have as much experience in that mos as LCpl and pvts. May be even taking orders from them, so can anyone help me? Would this not be wise? Am I overeacting? Please input.

Ultimately the decision is up to you, if you think you will be happier in the 03 field then go for it. One thing to remember, no matter what, there will always be people who know more than you. The thing to realize is, if you are in a position of authoriy over them, how best to use them and their knowledge. If you are worried about the Pvts/PFCs/LCpls knowing more than you when you show up, then pull aside one of your fellow Cpls or Sgts and hammer them for info. Keep this up until you feel confident in your abilities and your knowledge base. The "youngers" may still have more experience, which you can tap into for advice, but you will also have the knowledge to make decisions. And just because you have more rank doesn't mean you can't ask a lower rank for advice, that PFC might be older and may have seen more in this life than you.

Could be a hard situation taking orders from the non-rates whew I couldn't have done that.

If you want to be a door kicker, if you want to patrol in the streets, and do all the cool sh*t that grunts do then yes , join the infantry. Remember though some of those younger Marines do have alot of combat experience. So if you go into with an attitude "that no im not going to listen to theese non rates" you will have a very very difficult time adjusting.
    If you go in there with rank and try to learn from those younger Marines , they will respect your rank and they will respect your time in service but only if you show them respect for their experience. Its a two way street, but Marines adapt and will perform when neccesary.

Credits
    Savings
    Agree with previous posts
    A true leader welcomes input.
    After gathering information the decisions are yours--but---
    That PVT may keep your butt alive pardner !

Try Recon. There are more guys going into 0321 from other fields than Marines going regular infantry. There are also more corporals in the MOS than you would think. There are some really smart son of a guns in the recon battalions (from my own experiences with them) so know your **** first! They don't seem to have much sympathy for slow learners.

Profile!

Thread Information