Forgot the Battalion and Regiment I was in.
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Forgot the Battalion and Regiment I was in.

Where I work there is a new hire who I found out is a Marine. I introduced myself to him and told him of my son. He asked me if I had ever been to Camp Lejeune and parts surrounding the Camp. He mentioned that there was nothing really exciting to do in that neck of the woods. He asked me what my son's MOS was and I mentioned them by title. He asked me what year my son got out and he said that he got out around the same time...2006 or so. He said he didn't know of my son.
    All this friendly banter was well and good but I am having trouble digesting some of what he said as our conversation was winding done. I told him about this website and that how he could very well hook up with some of his fellow Marines that he had acquainted himself with while in the Marine Corps. I asked him what Battalion and Regiment he was with and he replied.....I can't remember! I said that I heard about how he had a brother in the Marines and he replied that his brother was in over ten years and was just sent back to Iraq. I asked him what Battalion and Regiment his brother was attached to so that maybe I could write him and he said, "I don't know." This young man hadn't heard of MOTOMAIL.
    Now, I'm thinking that maybe this fellow just doesn't want to tell me sh*t about himself, which is fine with me, but I just have a hard time believing that he can't remember what Battalion and Regiment he was assigned to before he was discharged or that he doesn't know who his 10 year plus Marine brother is assigned to since he just left for Iraq. He is a nice enough guy but these old bones aren't buying his story. Too bad.

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Smells fishy. Too many good people out there to waste time on shady characters.

Yeah...sounds like he met a real Marine and backed down lest he be caught in a frikkin lie!!! Frikkin poser!!!

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Hey Gary I'm sure that you've run into guys that claim to be a black belt but can't remember the basics or the first thing about the discipline.

They "won their black belt on a secret CIA mission in Columbia but their certificate got burned up in a fire."

Credits
    Savings
    Bad JuJu there Gary. He has a bit of male bovine excrement emanating from him, IMHO.

Some things you just don't forget.

At least he's a new hire.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    I would also state BS....there somethings you may forget or want to forget,but you don't forget battalions or regiments. Ask him if he says "Goodnight to Chesty Puller" if not he just twisting a tittie!

Credits
    Savings
    There is always his immediate supervisor , who happens to be an "Old Salt" with a Marine Corps license plate and all but I do believe that I will not press the matter.
    Bad JuJu? Whoa, bigal, I haven't heard that term since the late 60's- early 70's. LOL

Fifty one years since graduation from MCRDSD, and I may not be able to tell you what happened yesterday but I can sure tell you almost every thing from the first day at boot camp to and including the day of separation from the corp and of course every command and duty station,and some other I can only tell you in person over a few pitchers of beer.

over a number of pitchers of beer. Semper Fi

Credits
    Savings
    Images

My BS meter goes off

violently on this one. I can still remember what, when , where for the 20 years I was in the Corps.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Osotogary
    There is always his immediate supervisor , who happens to be an "Old Salt" with a Marine Corps license plate and all but I do believe that I will not press the matter.
    Bad JuJu? Whoa, bigal, I haven't heard that term since the late 60's- early 70's. LOL
    I dunno, about not pressing the matter, but if he opened up again, there are so many questions to ask that he HAS to know. Your call.

Bet you also remember Jerry Garcia and the Grateful Dead!!!

Credits
    Savings
    Bet you also remember Jerry Garcia and the Grateful Dead!!!
    My brother used to know, back then, the owners of the silk screen company that reproduced all the Grateful Dead T-shirts. I had a bunch of the flawed t-shirts. They were just neat looking t-shirts to me. What the heck did I know. Yes, I did see them play together during their heyday.

I agree, He is full of BS. Wonder if he can remember where he went to boot camp? You know he's a fraud if he can't answere that one.

Hey Rayh, where's your crossed rifles on your chevron? or is it just my computer that's screwed up?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Kaboom, I'm wonderin if you are a poser,,,,LOL
    rayh's chevron, you should know that one. Old Corps.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Sgt E-4 ask Dear Sgt Leprechaun!

Quote Originally Posted by sparkie
    Kaboom, I'm wonderin if you are a poser,,,,LOL
    rayh's chevron, you should know that one. Old Corps.
    didn't even notice that in there when I signed up.

that was way before my time old timer. lol

Thread Information