At Meps... - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: At Meps...

I've seen just as many as you Shultz and I still know nothing about anything lol.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TSchultz
    I only know about 40 poolees that have an 03XX contract that have gone through MEPS within the past 3 monthes.

Don't mind me though, I just talk out of my ass.
    Schultz, if the question were on how to hunt, track and skin a deer your replies would be respected and appreciated. But the truth is, all you are doing here is showing a little disrespect and a little bit of attitude! When you make such post as that one, you draw attention to your ignorance, no offence pup! You see ignorance can be cured with experience......just don't start showing stupidity, as stupidity is forever and can't be cured, ok? We Marines, collectively, have had hundreds of years experience in any subjct pertaining to the Corps. It may not be the most current information, but it is an educated statement at the very least.

Having said that....this site has had several poolees/wannabes come on here lately, with an attitude that they know all the answers and we old salts are usless. Not pointing the finger at any one individual, but it gets very tiresome to take our time to post a reply, then have a Poolee, Wannabe or Friend to contridict what we just took the time to post! I mean no malice when I refer to some of you as EXPERTS, as that is what you truly believe is the correct answer because someone told you, or you read it somewhere! We, Marines, post from what we lived through and experienced in our lifetime. That's why several Marines post on these forums, and you will seldom see a Marine contridict what another Marine says with any tone of disrespect!

As you make your transition from poolee to recruit, you will find that some of the things the DIs say is not the same as what you have heard......are you going to correct them? Or do you simply do as they tell you to do? When DIs wake up in the morning, they don't start the day thinking, "now who can I mess with today", no sir! That is taken care of by the recruits that have not yet learned to keep thier mouth shut! What we Marines (of yesterday) try to do for you guys is help you develope that self control to keep your mouth (fingers) quiet. No one, not even the DIs, can tell you what to think! God gave you that ability, but the Corps gives you the common sense to know when to use it! There is no I, or ME, US or YOU in Boot Camp for a reason....their are no individuals there! You 75 recruits are, what will someday be, a team!

In the future, when you poolees see that a Marine has posted a reply, unless you are called upon, leave your 2 cents out of it! Think all you want, just don't even try to act on it. Remember that you are a guest on our site to learn and share what you know with other poolees, not to debate with the Marines that have BTDT! OK?

Sorry for the lecture, but I assure you, it was not directed at any one of you, but all of you! Think before you type, or speak, ok?

Good luck,

Dave

Well said, and far nicer than I would have said it.

I'd really like to bring the black helicopter in on this one and call for fire....

But then I might be talking out MY arse. Such as it is.

Sigh. Kids.

Quote Originally Posted by davblay
    Schultz, if the question were on how to hunt, track and skin a deer your replies would be respected and appreciated. But the truth is, all you are doing here is showing a little disrespect and a little bit of attitude! When you make such post as that one, you draw attention to your ignorance, no offence pup! You see ignorance can be cured with experience......just don't start showing stupidity, as stupidity is forever and can't be cured, ok? We Marines, collectively, have had hundreds of years experience in any subjct pertaining to the Corps. It may not be the most current information, but it is an educated statement at the very least.

Having said that....this site has had several poolees/wannabes come on here lately, with an attitude that they know all the answers and we old salts are usless. Not pointing the finger at any one individual, but it gets very tiresome to take our time to post a reply, then have a Poolee, Wannabe or Friend to contridict what we just took the time to post! I mean no malice when I refer to some of you as EXPERTS, as that is what you truly believe is the correct answer because someone told you, or you read it somewhere! We, Marines, post from what we lived through and experienced in our lifetime. That's why several Marines post on these forums, and you will seldom see a Marine contridict what another Marine says with any tone of disrespect!

As you make your transition from poolee to recruit, you will find that some of the things the DIs say is not the same as what you have heard......are you going to correct them? Or do you simply do as they tell you to do? When DIs wake up in the morning, they don't start the day thinking, "now who can I mess with today", no sir! That is taken care of by the recruits that have not yet learned to keep thier mouth shut! What we Marines (of yesterday) try to do for you guys is help you develope that self control to keep your mouth (fingers) quiet. No one, not even the DIs, can tell you what to think! God gave you that ability, but the Corps gives you the common sense to know when to use it! There is no I, or ME, US or YOU in Boot Camp for a reason....their are no individuals there! You 75 recruits are, what will someday be, a team!

In the future, when you poolees see that a Marine has posted a reply, unless you are called upon, leave your 2 cents out of it! Think all you want, just don't even try to act on it. Remember that you are a guest on our site to learn and share what you know with other poolees, not to debate with the Marines that have BTDT! OK?

Sorry for the lecture, but I assure you, it was not directed at any one of you, but all of you! Think before you type, or speak, ok?

Good luck,

Dave
    Very, very good points.

Yeah, I agree with everything you stated. The poolees on this website need to stop pretending like they know everything. I wish more people would just shut there mouths and listen to those who have been there.

I think he was serious about talking out of his ass. Like if I don't know something I will admit I could be talking out of my ass cuz I'm not sure.

Dan

Thread Information