Hello Marines and Poolees
Create Post

Hello Marines and Poolees

My name is Joe and I am currently a poolee representing the great state of Tennessee (I live in Nashville). I just swore in today after a long weekend at MEPS (my recruiter and I forgot my damn SS Card so I couldnt swear in until today!). However, I have been looking at this site for a while and it is VERY helpful and informative. I just wanted to say hello to everyone because it seems like you all know each other fairly well and I am new. My ship date is August 25th, 2008 (Parris Island) but it could be September depending on how many 03 spots open up this summer due to people switching their MOS or wanting a later ship date (I am pretty stuck on infantry but I am looking at Combat Engineering).
    I would just like to add in a question to the Marines who browse in this thread. Do you learn all of the history of the Marine Corps in Boot Camp? I am probably one of the only people in my pool that knows a lot about the history of the Corps and I feel like the history is the reason why the Marine Corps is so great. I am kind of a history freak but I just wanted to educate the people in my pool if they dont teach you at recruit training because it is truly very important to know. Some Marine recruit that went through MEPS with me didnt know what IWO JIMA was!!! We cannot forget about these men that made the Marine Corps as great as it is!!!! Tell me they teach you all of this at Recruit Training!

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Welcome Aboard Joe!

Jim

you can learn more by attending Cpl.'s Chumley and Leonard's Marine Corps history 101 lessons than you ever would in boot camp or any MOS school.

--->Dave

at bootcamp during first phase you learn the entire Marine Corps history, paitents.......

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Welcome Joe, I only live about 80 miles from you, in Sparta. So if I can help you in any way, just PM me. Just remember that I am close enough to drive down there to kick your butt if you screw up, LOL!

Welcome,

Dave

Haha, I hope you wont need to kick my butt sir! I havent been in long enough to screw up yet, but there is a chance it will happen. I will definetly PM you if I need anything and thanks!

Yes, you will learn the history of the Marine Corps in boot camp.
    I've known worse, a person who'd never heard of the Marine Corps, signed the contract on an impulse, she's a good Marine though.

Thread Information