At Meps...
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: At Meps...

At Meps...

I plan on DEP'ing in May, and leave for boot in December, but I was wondering how hard it is to get an 03 contract at Meps. I mean, do you get hasseld at lot and stuff or what? Any help would be appreaciated.

-Respectfully-

Jake Weeden

Quote Originally Posted by jfweeden
    I plan on DEP'ing in May, and leave for boot in December, but I was wondering how hard it is to get an 03 contract at Meps. I mean, do you get hasseld at lot and stuff or what? Any help would be appreaciated.

-Respectfully-

Jake Weeden
    What do you mean hasseld, 03XX is the backbone of the Marine Corps. You dont get your job at MEPS you get it at the RSS and you get your ship date with your job that you signed for at the RSS at MEPS. Because if you choose to change your job you go to the RSS not MEPS to change it. Hope this helped.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    It's hard to get any job where theres fighting involved in the MOS.

Most people join the Marine Corps to be in the ****. So those billets usually fill up faster: infantry, combat support, combat engineers etc.

If it's full ask your recruiter to talk to whoevers in charge in your RS and see if they can talk to other people to trade for a job, or just wait till one opens up.

Yea cool. Thanks. I knew that you signed your job at your rs but i didn't know if they like tried to talk you out of a combat mos.

If you want infantry, tell your recruiter. If he says that for some reason you can't get it, then tell him your hand hurts and you don't feel like signing a contract-but you may be more motivated if you saw 03XX on it. The fiscal year starts in October, thats when all the jobs open back up. If your shipping in December you should have absolutely no problem getting 03.

occasionally I'll hear about poolees with exceptionally high ASVAB scores (90's/high 80's) where the recruiters or the Marines at MEPS will kind of try to talk them into a job where they are less in danger and more in a field that requires high scores.

They will not hassle or scream at you at MEPS or anything for wanting to go into a combat field.
    The only thing that you should fear is the physical .

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by TSchultz
    The only thing that you should fear is the physical .
    and the pizz test
    and fraud
    and tattoos
    and ADD
    and Ritalin
    and sinus
    and migraines
    and etc.

C'Mon Schultz, the list goes on and on.

Cool. Thanks guys, i appreaiacte that. My asvab was an 89 but i want to be Infantry. Period. (seems like everyone says that) My dad is pumped about me going into the DEP. Thanks for the quick responses again.

-Respectfully-

Jake Weeden

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jfweeden

-Respectfully-

Jake Weeden
    Should have posted in "ASK A MARINE", but then all these expert poolees wouldn't have had the chance to have their say about yet another subject they no nothing about!

I hope you got your answer, here!

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by bigalholmes165
    and tattoos
    and ADD

Why those things?

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by JAFORG
    Why those things?
    Use the search function!

INCOMING!!!

Ah, my mistake Mr. Blaylock. I should have done that. But you're right about poolees talking out there ass. It just makes me laugh.

-Jake Weeden

I know about tattoos. My bad. I meant the ADD thing. Looked it up a while back but haven't found anything.

I only know about 40 poolees that have an 03XX contract that have gone through MEPS within the past 3 monthes.

Don't mind me though, I just talk out of my ass.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TSchultz
    I only know about 40 poolees that have an 03XX contract that have gone through MEPS within the past 3 monthes.

Don't mind me though, I just talk out of my ass.
    An that makes you a expert...right?

Thread Information